Don't Worry Darling plot

It’s all everyone is speaking about, so what on earth is Don’t Worry Darling about?

It comes out in cinemas today!

Don’t Worry Darling is the new psychological thriller that everyone is talking about. For the most part, people are talking about the chaos that was the cast at the Venice Film Festival and the ongoing alleged feud between Olivia Wilde and Florence Pugh. Oh, and Harry Styles definitely did not spit on Chris Pine, it’s been a rollercoaster of events. All these moments have majorly shadowed over the film itself, but no one really knows what the film is about. The trailer doesn’t offer a whole lot besides some creepy grins and the first clip of Harry Styles and Florence Pugh was completely overshadowed by Harry’s accent.

So, what on earth is the plot of Don’t Worry Darling?

It’s a psychological thriller based on a story by brothers Carey and Shane Van Dyke

Released in 2019, the Don’t Worry, Darling script is about a 1950s housewife whose reality begins to crack, revealing a disturbing truth and reality. The screenplay featured in the 2019 Black List and soon went into development with Olivia Wilde.

The movie follows a couple living in seemingly the perfect town

The plot of Don’t Worry Darling is about Alice and Jack Chambers, who are played by Florence Pugh and Harry Styles. They are a young and happy couple in the 1950s, who are living in what seems to be the perfect town. The town is called Victory, which has been created and paid for by the mysterious company Jack has been working for. Alice is soon consumed by curiosity over Jack’s job and cracks begin to form in their utopian life as her curiosity raises tension in the close knit community.

Don't Worry Darling plot

Besides Harry Styles and Florence Pugh, who else is in the film?

Besides the two celebrities who have been making headlines surrounding the movie, there are a string of famous faces who are also in the film. Alongside Styles and Pugh is Olivia Wilde, Gemma Chan, Chris Pine, Sydney Chandler, Nick Kroll and Kiki Layne.

When will the film be released?

Don’t Worry Darling is now out in cinemas in the United Kingdom. The reviews have been scathing following its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival, but fans have yet to form an opinion on the movie.