Ant Middleton Celebrity SAS

Why is Ant Middleton no longer chief instructor on Celebrity SAS?

It comes after he made some controversial comments in 2020

Celebrity SAS is back for another season with reality TV stars, Olympians and public figures all putting their mental and physical strength to the ultimate test. The new season of the show has had a change of location with the famous faces going to Jordan, but one more noticeable change is the lead DS staff on the show. During the series launch, fans of the show were asking the same question, why did Ant Middleton leave the series?

Here is everything you need to know about why Ant Middleton is no longer on Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins.

Ant was fired from the show due to ‘personal conduct’

Ant had hosted SAS since 2015 but following his comments made in 2020, he was axed from the Channel 4 show. The former SAS chief instructor came under fire for his comments about the Black Lives Matter movement against police brutality. Ant branded both groups at the protests as “scum” in a now deleted tweet.

He said: “The extreme left against the extreme right. When did two wrongs make a right? It was only a matter of time. BLM and EDL are not welcome on our streets, absolute scum. What a great example you are to your future generation. Bravo.” After facing intense backlash, he apologised and insisted he was not racist.

He explained his use of the word “scum” was used to describe those who were “violent” and “causing terror on the streets of London and setting a bad example for our future generations.”

Soon after Channel 4 confirmed he would not be returning to future series of SAS: Who Dares Wins, following “a number of discussions” with Ant “in relation to his personal conduct”, Channel 4 felt its views and values did not align with Ant’s and as such made the decision to not work with him again.

Who has replaced Ant on the show?

Jason Fox and Mark Billingham are among the new additions to the DS staff on the show and have been joined by United States Special Forces operators, Marine Rudy Reyes who is the new chief instructor, and former US Navy SEAL Remi Adeleke.

What is Ant Middleton doing now?

Despite being axed from the UK version of the series, Ant is now the chief instructor of the Australian version of Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins.