married at first sight reality shows

Wait, one of the MAFS cast members had already been on two other reality shows?

April was on an ITV dating show last year

Reality show Married at First Sight UK came back to E4 for its seventh series and featured 16 individuals being paired up with their future husband or wife, but the catch is the first time they meet them is walking down the aisle. And yet it seems one of the cast members is no stranger to sharing her romantic life on screen, as she has already appeared in two other reality shows.

married at first sight reality shows

via E4

April Banbury, a former Miss GB and dress designer, has previously appeared on two other dating shows. In 2011 April took part in the UK version of The Bachelor where she competed to win the prize of love aka a chance of a relationship with Welsh rugby player Gavin Henson.

To April’s credit she came in third place narrowly missing out on the final spot. However, it doesn’t seem like she was missing out on much as the winner Carianne Barrow broke up with Gavin a year after the show, calling him “spineless” and “really dry”. Ouch.

And that’s not the only show April appeared on. Last year she took part in ITV2’s The Cabins where she went on a blind date weekend in a luxury woodland cabin with model Ryan Darvill.

The pair seemed to get on well but a relationship didn’t come out of it as lockdown made it difficult for them to get to know each other properly.

This isn’t the first time a Married at First Sight cast member has already been on a reality show, as literally half the cast in last year’s series had previously appeared on other shows.

Nikita Jasmine, Anthony Poole, Morag Crichton, Joshua Christie, Adam Aveling and Amy Christophers had all appeared on a variety of dating or reality shows before they walked down the aisle. They appeared on shows ranging from Britain’s Got Talent to The Only Way Is Essex.

Amy Christophers also competed on the UK version of The Bachelor but she appeared the year after April.