Omg! You can now apply for actual jobs at Eurovision 2023

It’s your LinkedIn’s time to shine x

Hold on to your glitter, because you can now apply for actual jobs at Eurovision, which will be hosted in the UK next year in 2023! Better get your LinkedIn up to date.

The UK will be hosting Eurovision next year on behalf of Ukraine, who won the contest this year. It will take place in May 2023, in either Birmingham, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle or Sheffield, all of which have been shortlisted as host cities.

The BBC is looking for two managing directors for Eurovision 2023.

Both jobs will be from September 2022 until June 2023, and are flexible on location – but you’ll need to be able to travel to wherever the host city is. Both salaries are within the BBC band SL, which means Senior Leaders and, according to Action Careers, “many of them will be on salary packages in excess of £100,000.” The site also says: “It’s worth noting that the BBC publishes details about all senior executives earning more than £150,000 per annum.”

On the job description, the BBC says it is committed to delivering a unique event for Eurovision, which celebrates Ukraine’s victory, and also recognises British culture and the Eurovision Song Contest’s values.

The company is looking for a Managing Director (Senior Head of Content Production) of Eurovision 2023 to deliver the event and all the planning it involves, overseeing all aspects and coordinating. You can see it on LinkedIn here. The BBC says it is looking for “an established leader with a track record of delivering major live broadcast shows or events”.

There’s also a Managing Director, Eurovision 2023 job, which does a similar role and at the time of writing has had 51 applicants in 19 hours, according to LinkedIn. Better get applying!