Love in the Villa cast

Here is where you recognise the cast of Netflix’s Love in the Villa from

Tom Hopper and Kat Graham are the iconic duo you never knew you needed

Love in the Villa is the latest Netflix original to land on the site and it has an impressive cast including Tom Hopper and Kat Graham. The film was only released today and people are already loving the Romeo and Juliet inspired rom-com.

The film follows the story of Julie, played by Kat Graham, as she travels to Italy after a break up only to find the villa she reserved has been double booked, because of course it has. Not only that, but the villa’s other inhabitant, played by Tom Hopper, has perfect abs and a chiseled jaw line, perfectly plausible if you ask me. The movie follows the characters as they are forced to spend their holidays together and inevitably fall in love – didn’t see that one coming!

The film is really fun and was filmed on location in Verona so the setting is incredibly beautiful and I am not jealous of their romantic Italian getaway at all. If that hasn’t convinced you to watch Love in the Villa on Netflix, then maybe the cast list will:

Tom Hopper – Charlie

Tom Hopper plays one of the film’s leads Charlie, a snarky and sarcastic English man who is forced to spend his holiday sharing the villa he booked. Tom is a Netflix veteran, having starred as one of the leads, Luther Hargreaves, in the site’s original series The Umbrella Academy for three seasons, first airing in 2018. Before that, in 2010 Tom starred as Sir Percival in the BBC show Merlin. His character originally appears in season three of the series and then also in the next two seasons. Tom has also starred in Game of Thrones, playing the role of Dickon Tarly (the brother of Jon Snow’s right hand man Sam) in season seven, taking over from a different actor who had played Dickon in earlier seasons.

Kat Graham – Julie

Kat Graham plays the film’s lead, a schoolteacher named Julie who travels to Italy for the trip of a lifetime after being dumped by her boyfriend. Most notably, Kat starred in The Vampire Diaries as Bonnie Bennet, the best friend of the series lead Elena, who turned out to be a witch. She appeared in all eight seasons before also appearing in the shows spin off The Originals. Kat has also appeared in some iconic movies including 17 Again with Zac Efron and The Parent Trap with Lindsey Lohan.

Raymond Ablack – Brandon

Raymond Ablack plays Julie’s boyfriend in Love in the Villa who dumps her, forcing her to travel to Verona alone.  Raymond is no stranger to Netflix originals having had leading roles as Joe in Ginny and Georgia and as Nate in Maid. Love in the Villa is only one of a handful of movies Raymond has acted in but he has appeared in other well known TV shows including Narcos and Orphan Black, and as a lead in the Canadian teen drama series Degrassi.

Laura Hopper – Cassie

Laura Hopper plays Charlie’s estranged and neurotic fiancee who turns up unannounced halfway through the movie. In real life Laura and Tom, who plays Charlie, are married and have two children together! Alongside acting opposite her husband in Love in the Villa, Laura has also appeared with a minor role in The Umbrella Academy which her husband is a lead actor in. Laura has also been in some British TV shows including Hollyoaks, Doctors and Our Girl.

Sean Amsing – Roberto

via Netflix

Sean Amsing plays Julie’s eccentric best friend who is also a school teacher. Before Love in the Villa, Sean was also in another Netflix original movie called Love Guaranteed. Sean has also had minor roles in the shows Riverdale and Supernatural.

Love in the Villa is available now on Netflix. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook. 

• From savage dumpings to affairs: All of Married at First Sight UK’s biggest scandals

These behind the scenes pictures of the Partner Track cast have my whole heart

• Take this quiz and we’ll tell you which Love Island brand deal you’d get

Featured images via @skittishkid @katgraham and @laurahopperhops on Instagram.