Bucket hats, homemade garms, and Greggs: All the best outfits from Reading Festival 2022

Elf Bars are the must-have accessory of the year x

When attending a festival over the summer there is only one thing that is more important than the music, and that is the fashion. And the attendees at Reading Festival this year did not disappoint, they all know how to dress. Whilst there were boys every couple of metres in head-to-toe Greggs x Primark, the girls, the gays and the theys really pulled through to serve one fierce fit after another.

With anticipation for Megan Thee Stallion and Dave’s headline sets thick in the air, think bucket hats, funky sunnies, and sparkles. And of course, no festival fit would be complete without a colour co-ordinated Elf Bar to match your garms. Here’s the only rundown you need of Reading Festival 2022’s best dressed:

Spanish summers

Instagram @casoperdido

Olaf, originally from Ibiza, was attending his first ever Reading festival and pulled up in a full high street fit.

Top: H&M studio

Trousers: NA-KD

Shoes: Acne Studios

Carabiner clip belt: Homemade

Necklace: Ibizan jewellery shop

Grandma chic

Instagram @roman.mna

17-year-old Robert was attending Reading festival for the first time and was looking forward to “shaking yams” at Megan Thee Stallion.

Top: Primark

Trousers: Primark

Boots: Office

Necklace: Claire’s

Homemade heaven

Instagram @tayla.edwardss

Tayla, who was at the festival with equally fashionable friends, made her matching two piece set herself out of a dress originally bought from Boohoo.

Top: New Look

Two piece set: Homemade

Bum bag: Independent shop

Cow print chaos

Reading 2022 best dressed

Instagram @domipalmer

After speaking on the stage in the morning, Dominique Palmer said the inspiration for her fully second-hand outfit was fairy and ethereal vibes but make it festival.

Top: Oxfam

Dress: Vinted

Shoes: Dr. Martens bought through Vinted

Bag: DollsKill bought through Depop

Beret: Ballroom Emporium vintage shop

Pretty in Pink

Reading 2022 best dressed

Instagram @emily__brownxx

21-year-old Emily was attending Reading just for the day with her sister and friends and took the time to walk us through her monochromatic look and Euphoria-inspired bedazzled eye makeup.

Dress: PrettyLittleThing

Bucket hat: PrettyLittleThing

Shoes: Nike Air Force 1

Sunglasses: Primark

Bum bag: Amazon

Eye makeup: REVOLUTION

Rockstar revolution

Reading 2022 best dressed

Instagram @joolsbandjools

Mitch rocked Reading Fest in his 70s rockstar inspired fit whilst also repping our girl Megan Thee Stallion in anticipation for her set that evening.

Top: Megan Thee Stallion merch

Shorts: Zara

Waistcoat: ASOS

Shoes: Dr. Martens

Hat: Zara

Bag: Dr. Martens

Rings: The Great Frog

No thoughts, just Greggs

Reading 2022 best dressed

Charlie was one of the hundred boys who thought they were being original by rocking up to Reading in a head-to-toe Greggs fit. Extra points for the sausage roll socks.

Top: Primark x Greggs

Shorts: Primark x Greggs

Bucket hat: Primark x Greggs

Socks: Primark x Greggs

• People at Reading are sharing TikToks of their tents getting flooded and it’s chaos

• 2022 UK festivals, ranked by the number of women and non-binary people in their line-ups

• Tributes paid to ‘beautiful, fiercely independent’ 16-year-old boy who died at Leeds Festival