Um, someone has made a literal statue of the four lads in jeans to go outside All Bar One

Their heads are made out of papier-mâché

A Birmingham based artist has created a statue of the four lads in jeans meme which will be unveiled outside the All Bar One from the original image tomorrow.

Tat Vision, an artist who specialises in papier-mâché, came up with the idea of turning the viral meme into a statue after seeing the “statues” of Ronaldo and Boulton, Watt and Murdoch in Birmingham and was planning to create the art work in time for the Commonwealth Games.

In an interview with BirminghamLive he said: “The idea was inspired by the ‘Ronaldo statue’ and ‘Boulton, Watt and Murdoch’ near the library.

“I shipped the idea of doing it for the Commonwealth Games, but it was too late. Fortunately I was put in contact with Birmingham Big Weekender and had the go-ahead from them. The statue will be there all weekend as part of an event.”

The statue will be unveiled in front of the iconic All Bar One this Saturday 27th August. The bar was the background of the original photo which was taken in 2019 and first went viral a year later and featured four guys – Jamie Philips, Connor Humpage, Kevin Rooney and Alex Lacey – all wearing incredibly tight trousers.

Tat Vision is making his statue out of female mannequins, super tight women’s jeans and papier-mâché for the heads, which he is hoping won’t fall off.

He said: “It took me a few weeks, on-and-off, to make. I used four women mannequins, which I covered in tight-fitting ladies jeans and tops. The heads are made from papier-mâché and all of it was painted to have a nice, shiny bronze effect.

“I’m happy with the way it looks, just the heads to attach. Hope they don’t fall off!”

via Tat Vision

Tat Vision originally shared a glimpse of the statue on Twitter which features an image of the four lads without their heads and the details are incredible, right down to the “bronze” watches and cups in their hands.

In the original post he said he was hoping the lads would be “immortalised” forever, sadly it appears the statue will just be there for this weekend as part of the Birmingham Weekender.

Featured image credit via Tat Vision