25-year-old says she had to be given CPR 30 times after being spiked on a night out

A week later and Tammie-Michelle is still in ‘excruciating pain’

A 25-year-old had to be given CPR “30 times” after she says she was spiked on a night out

Tammie-Michelle Edwards is a 25-year-old new mother, giving birth to her son eight weeks ago. On August 13 Tammie-Michelle went on her first night since giving birth, with her best friend, Lizz Fawcett.

Before leaving the house Tammie-Michelle remembers having a couple of glasses of Prosecco and then while she was out she only had a couple of alcoholic drinks, along with some water.

However, she had to be picked up from the bar, The Crafty Scholar in Lancaster, by her husband, James, after he received “jibberish” messages from his wife that “didn’t make sense”.

via SNWS

When James arrived at the bar, Tammie-Michelle was unconscious outside the venue sat on a chair with Lizz and female bouncer from The Crafty Scholar, he immediately rushed her home.

During in the car journey to their home, James said he had to stop the car and resuscitate his “lifeless” wife six times. Once they arrived home he had to do this a further ten times.

James said when he first received the “jibberish” messages, he “knew something was up because she doesn’t text like that”, but when he went to pick her up he “thought she was going to drunk, [he] didn’t think at all that she had been spiked”.

After getting home and performing resuscitation multiple times James called the ambulance “as there is only so much you can do when you’re not a paramedic”.

Police arrived to their home first and resuscitated her again before the paramedics arrived. When the ambulance arrived, the paramedics used a defibrillator and also continued manual CPR on Tammie-Michelle, and she was taken to hospital.

Tammie-Michelle can’t remember anything from having a couple of drinks when she was out, to leaving hospital the next day at 6am. She has a mark on her arm she thinks she may have been injected in.

via SNWS

A week after the spiking Tammie-Michelle’s chest is still in “excruciating pain” and she feel “really tired” after having CPR performed on her body around 30 times.

They say what happened is “traumatising” for Tammie-Michelle and those around her.

Tammie-Michelle “never thought it would happen” to her, so now she wants to warn others about being spiked. Tammie-Michelle has explained how she is “very conscious of leaving [her] drink” and said: “I’m very good like that, I’m not stupid – I always keep my drink on me, so we all think it was an injection.”

Tammie-Michelle has urged people to be “careful” and suggests “going out in a bigger group”. She also said: “Venues should be patting people down and checking people’s bags”.

James said: “It’s such a scary thing, she literally did die in front on me”. He said “it would have been the worst thing in the world if something had happened to her”, and is “over the moon” that Tammie-Michelle is okay.

A spokesperson for the Crafty Scholar said: “We take every allegation of spiking very seriously and we would like to reassure all our guests that customer safety and wellbeing is our priority”.

They also said they gave help to Tammi-Michelle and her friend on the night, saying: “Our door team assisted Ms Edwards, when she became unwell, and provided a chair and water. They waited with her until her husband arrived and took her home”.

The spokesperson also said: “We continue to have enhanced safety measures in place including searches on entry, publicising “Ask Angela” in our toilets, providing drinks covers to anyone who wants them. And we also have Guest Support colleagues – if any guest has concerns or feels vulnerable they can ask the Guest Support colleague or any other member of our team for help. We continue to work with the police and local authorities to ensure a safe night out is had by all.”

Lancashire Police said: “It’s been reported and we are looking into it.”

If you or someone you know has been affected by this story, please head to Drinkaware for more information on drink spiking. You can call Victim Support on 08 08 16 89 111 or find help via their website.

Related stories recommended by this writer

•Over 2,600 young people believe they’ve been spiked already this term

•Shock, the government’s said it has ‘no intention’ to make specific anti-spiking strategy

•‘I went from sober to throwing up in five minutes’: Young people’s stories of being spiked

Featured image via SNWS