Who is Aubrey Oday

Who is Aubrey O’Day? The singer who’s gone viral for her wild Instagram photoshopping

She was on Celebrity Big Brother UK in 2018

Aubrey O’Day has trended online all weekend after a viral TikTok accusing her of photoshopping nearly all of her Instagram holiday photos that show her ravelling around the world. Aubrey O’Day has been in the public eye and entertainment industry for, by her own declaration, 20 years. But who exactly is she? How did she get so many followers? Here’s everything you need to know about Aubrey O’Day and who she is and what she’s done in her big and pretty wild career.

She found fame through girl group Danity Kane

Aubrey O’Day is best known for being a singer – and she got her break by getting chosen by Diddy to be a founding member of the girl group he put together on the TV show Making The Band, titled Danity Kane. Throughout the show, Aubrey became the breakout star because she was a big personality and did a lot of magazine shoots. This caused a big divide, with Diddy eventually firing Aubrey accusing fame of changing her and her not being the same girl he cast in the group.

Danity Kane in the Damaged music video, Aubrey O’Day is on the far left

Despite tensions, Danity Kane were really successful in the US – their biggest hit Damaged is a massive bop and is their most streamed on Spotify to this day. Aubrey has reunited with various members of the group following Danity Kane’s disbandment, most notably with Shannon Bex when the two formed the electropop duo Dumblonde. She also reunited with Dawn Richard to release a couple of final Danity Kane singles in 2020.

Celebrity Big Brother

If you weren’t a pop music addict, you might have found out who Aubrey O’Day is when became well known in the UK when she was cast in the eighteenth series of Celebrity Big Brother in the UK. She was on the show with the likes of Stephen Bear, who she clashed with immensely on CBB and pretty much spilled exactly what awful route his career was going to go down.

Aubrey did well on CBB – she got to the final never facing a public vote and eventually finished in fifth place.

What else has Aubrey O’Day done in her career?

Aubrey has played Amber in Hairspray on Broadway. She’s also been on Celebrity Apprentice, and infamously judged on RuPaul’s Drag Race where she has earned a notorious reputation as one of the worst guest judges in the show’s history with fans saying she came across as a “total bitch.”

Aubrey on Drag Race season five

What is Aubrey O’Day up to now?

Aubrey O’Day now travels extensively on Instagram, where she has nearly a million followers. She posts, ahem, heavily edited pictures of her travels that have caused some recent hysteria. Aubrey O’Day describes herself on Insta as a sapiosexual – which mean she’s attracted to intelligence. Her low point is that she used to date Donald Trump Jr when he was married, and even went as far to declare that they used to think of themselves as “soulmates”. Yikes.

Her divisive Instagram posts like the one above have everyone talking. In this one, Aubrey posts like she is in Santorini but the first picture is heavily photoshopped. The video in the carousel shows no background, leading to accusations that she doesn’t even go to the places she posts about.

Featured image credit: @aubreyoday