love island producers

Every single salty comment this year’s Love Islanders have made about the producers

Coco’s dad literally had to ring up

Love Island is over, which means we can expect more and more Islanders revealing secrets about their time in the villa. It seems people have A LOT to say about how the producers supposedly treated them: accusations of bullying, complacency and parents having to ring up have been flying around.

So – here’s every salty thing this year’s Islanders have said about the producers so far:

Billy: ‘(They let) Luca and Dami go at Tasha’

love island producers

Photo via ITV

Ex-islander Billy Brown made his feelings known on Johnny Seifert’s Secure the Insecure podcast – accusing producers of allowing bullying against Tasha.

He said: “To me… Some people in the villa, the way they were acting, yeah, they might be fed up or annoyed or something, but especially to the girls – don’t go and keep hurting that girl constantly, such as Tasha.

“Luca and Dami, for instance, they just constantly go for Tasha. They might see it as banter, but when I spoke to Tasha, one night she was crying. I saw her over there by herself and went up to her… I feel like, a producer could have easily stepped in and been like, ‘Listen, this is how it’s coming across’ or ‘How would you be on the outside?”

Liam: ‘I couldn’t be myself’

liam love island

Photo via ITV

Liam left early on in this year’s series, and he’s now saying the producers made him feel like he “couldn’t be himself” in the villa.

“I was expected to do things for a TV show and I couldn’t be myself,” he said. “I didn’t want to do it. It is a TV show and it is produced. It’s not all natural. In my head I was not in the right position to take part in a TV show because that’s what you’re doing. You have to go on dates, do challenges, and you’re not in control of any of it.”

He also spoke about the accusations of misogyny surrounding Luca, and how he doesn’t believe he got a fair edit: “All of a sudden, the edit he’s getting isn’t quite justified. It’s hard for me to sit here and watch that while the viewers are forming opinions whereas if you spent 10 minutes with him that would change.”

Danica: ‘I just (wanted) to go’

danica

Photo via ITV

After Billy and Danica’s Snog, Marry, Pie row, producers allegedly had to convince Danica not to leave right there and then.

According to OK Magazine, she said: “I went to the beach hut and I was streaming with tears. I was like, ‘I just want to go now. I can’t do this anymore. Get me out of here. I feel violated and disrespected.”

Producers then backed her up, saying: “We completely get it, it’s so out of order of him.”

Coco: ‘My dad said they were going to ruin my mental health’

coco

Photo via the Saving Grace podcast on YouTube

Speaking on Fubar Radio, Coco revealed her dad had to personally ring up the producers about her edit.

“When I was in the villa, apparently my Dad called the producers and was like, you need to show her full personality because what you’re showing is causing so much hate….you’re going to ruin my daughter’s mental health,” she said.

“It was actually really hard for me. What’s not shown on the edit of it is the fact that I was literally hyperventilating, crying loads, like I really, really struggled at first, not even just with Andrew but the girls, like some of them weren’t welcoming to begin with.”

Jay: ‘Hated those morning debriefs’

After being culled from the villa in favour of Dami, Jay went on Twitter and slated the producers for making him do things he didn’t want to do.

“Hated those mandatory morning debriefs,” he tweeted. Someone replied: “Do the producers actually tell you to go and sit somewhere and say one by one how your life is going,” which Jay later confirmed.

ITV did not immediately respond to our request for comment.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.