Yvie Oddly All Stars 7

Yvie Oddly has blasted the All Stars 7 editing, calling her experience on show ‘gruesome’

‘I’ve been lobotomised and presented as a goofy, big-d*cked mascot’

RuPaul’s Drag Race season 11 winner and star of the all-winners cast of All Stars 7 Yvie Oddly has put out a statement on Instagram, calling out the editing of the show and saying that her real experience “was pretty gruesome from the start”.

Yvie managed to earn one star during her run on the show, and gained another as a gift from Raja. The season has been craved for by fans for years, with everyone wanting to see a cast of winners battle it out. However, the show chose to not send anyone home and didn’t even air any negative critiques – despite the fact that several queens have revealed they did receive them.

Now the season is over, Yvie Oddly issued a statement on Instagram about what her time on the show was like. “I truly wish you could have seen the real journey we experienced together, instead of all the strategy bullsh*t. But I guess that’s what I get for participating in a ‘celebratory’ season of a global television franchise. In the end I’m happy you enjoyed our hard work and harder play.”

Yvie Oddly then continued discussing All Stars 7 in a follow up Story, saying: “Actually, decided I’m not done. My experience was pretty gruesome from the start. And while you can be assured that ‘None of that will make the edit’ it doesn’t change anything in the moment. Going back I learned a lot about myself, as I was forced to question whether or not I fit into this specific world even as a winner. But instead of showing any of that struggle, or any real reason for me to be there, I’ve been lobotomised and presented as some goofy, big-dicked mascot – bravely laughing through my chronic illness, happy to be along for the ride.

“The only part of my truth that was shown was how the girls were my rock in this competition, and how happy it’s made me to share any more of my art with you. For that I’m truly thankful.”

Watch RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars Series 7 on the streamer of all things drag, WOW Presents Plus. Subscribe here

Featured image courtesy of World of Wonder.