Hugo Hammond Lottie Lion statement

Hugo Hammond’s team has posted a statement denying the allegations made by Lottie Lion

The statement says Hugo’s mental health has ‘plummeted’ and that he’s taking time off social media

Hugo Hammond has released a statement posted by his team to his TikTok story, regarding allegations made previously by Apprentice star Lottie Lion about his behaviour on a night out in Bristol.

The statement reads: “A message from Hugo’s team: Again, we are denying the false allegations and slander made recently. As everyone knows, there are two sides to every story and even more so in false stories fabricated for views. Not everything you see online is true. The social media industry can be a very toxic place and unfortunately filled with users with a single aim of putting others down in an attempt to elevate themselves.

“For now, we have decided that it is best for Hugo to take some time away from social media to focus on what is important; his personal relationships and his mental well-being; the later, as you can imagine, has plummeted due to his simply horrific comments being made towards him.

“For those of you that know Hugo and have met him know that he is a good human being. Don’t make someone another stat. Be kind and never assume. We hope that Hugo gets back to making his cheery, lighthearted and fun content.”

Prior to this statement, Lottie Lion had posted a TikTok alleging that Hugo Hammond “screamed in her face” after she rejected his romantic advances on a night out. “After we sat down, we’re having a bit more of a laugh and he tries to kiss me. Despite the fact that we’re getting along quite well, I’m like, ‘Oh sorry, I’m just not feeling that.’ Initially he’s respectful, backs off, carries on talking. Less than five minutes later he tries again, and again I’m like ‘Sorry, not interested.’

“And then again, he tries to kiss me. And when I push him off of me, he screams in my face ‘So you’ve been wasting my entire time this whole f*cking evening and I’ve bought you drinks and got you drunk for nothing.’ He then says he was ‘out of my league anyway’, storms off, walks over to these two girls who look just about freshly 18 years old, grabs them both by the back of the heads and forces them to kiss each other.”

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.