Stranger Things fans have a very convincing theory Max will be the one to kill Vecna

Okay this makes so much sense!!

There’s a new fan theory about what might happen to Max in Stranger Things season five, where people think that from her coma she’ll be in Vecna’s mind and even be the key to killing him

We know that Max is in the hospital in a coma at the end of Stranger Things four after she almost died and it looked like Eleven saved her. When El went inside Max’s mind at the hospital to try and find her, it was empty.

The Reddit theory says that Max is going to kill Vecna from the inside in the next Stranger Things season. Here’s what it says:

So Dr Brenner told Eleven that Vecna doesn’t just kill people, he consumes them. The theory thinks that Max wasn’t in her mind when El tried to find her because instead Max is actually somewhere inside Vecna. “She’s going to be the chink in his armour when they fight him again”, it says.

The theory says that Max will “play a crucial role” in killing Vecna, from the inside. “The others would too, if their heads hadn’t imploded”, it says.

People think Max isn’t going to die, because “if she doesn’t get brought back then what would be the point of this whole coma thing? They could’ve just killed her instead. You don’t put a character in a coma and then just have that story end with ‘they couldn’t bring her back and she died'”. Pretty convincing if you ask me, but then again other fans have pointed out that when we last saw her Max was blind and all her bones were broken.

Another theory about what may happen to Max in Stranger Things season five says that Vecna may possess Max or somehow use her.

Speaking about Max on the Happy Sad Confused podcast, the Duffer brothers said: “She’s braindead, but she’s alive. Braindead and blind and all of her bones broken, but she’s doing great. She’s seen better days.”

Stranger Things is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.