Omg! Secret Celebrity Drag Race is back for season two with major changes and additions

It’s giving huge Masked Singer vibes

Remember Secret Celebrity Drag Race? It came out in 2020 – right in the grips of the pandemic and aired over April and May. It was a fun little four episode detour from the main show even though it followed the same formula. Celebs would enter the Werk Room as themselves, and then they’d get paired up with a Drag Race icon as their mentor before getting into a maxi challenge and doing a runway. One would then be crowned the winner of the episode by the panel. Season two is finally here – and it’s changed EVERYTHING. Here’s all you need to know (and everything WE know) about Secret Celebrity Drag Race season two.

The whole format has changed!

Girl we going The Masked Singer? For season two, everything about Secret Celebrity Drag Race has changed. For one, it’s filmed on a completely new set. Nine celebs compete and keep their identities a secret until they’re told to sashay away by the judging panel consisting of the usual gang of Michelle Visage, Carson Kressley, Ross Mathews and RuPaul.

This is such a fun twist and a build on the formula – giving the show a competitive edge, fans the chance to debate and guess who the celebrities are and it’s all for a good cause – the eventual winner gets to donate $100,000 to their charity of choice.

The show has three Drag Race legends as mentors

Monét X Change, Jujubee (of course) and Brooke Lynn Hytes will be overseeing all the celeb transformations on Secret Celebrity Drag Race. The show has also confirmed that a load of iconic Drag Race alumni will also be making appearances, including Eureka, Silky Nutmeg Ganache, Gottmik, Violet Chachki, Morgan McMichaels and Katya. Gag!

It premieres August 12th!

Not long to go until we spend the end of summer agonising over who the celebs are under all the sickening drag – season two of Secret Celebrity Drag Race premieres August 12th. In the UK, we can stream it on Wow Presents Plus – which is the default home of Drag Race stuff these days, so you better subscribe!

Watch the sickening trailer here:

RuPaul’s Secret Celebrity Drag Race premieres August 12th on the streamer of all things drag, WOW Presents Plus. Subscribe here

Featured image courtesy of World of Wonder.