doja cat amber

‘Actually disgusting’: Doja Cat receives backlash for mocking Amber Heard

‘This makes me sick to my stomach’

Doja Cat has been heavily criticised for making fun of Amber Heard in a TikTok.

The rapper used a meme which was originally made popular during the Depp v. Heard trial. Earlier this year, Johnny Depp took Amber to court for defamation, after the actor wrote an opinion article calling herself a “public figure representing domestic violence.”

Once Amber took the stand, people began posting in their millions, memeifying her testimony. A spokesperson for Refuge even had to warn against making fun of Amber’s statement.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Doja Cat (@dojacat)

On Monday (11th July), Doja posted on TikTok talking about her new puppy. “I, as a dog owner, can now finally say it with sincerity,” she captioned it.

“It’s honestly hella sad,” she said. “‘Cause like, she’s a puppy… and I’ve had her for maybe two weeks now? And like, she was just running around in the grass and she stepped on a bee. So y’all know what time it is. Y’all know what fucking time it is.”

She then recreated the “my dog stepped on a bee” meme, which showed Amber saying the exact same thing in her testimony. As of writing this, #MyDogSteppedOnABee has around 365 million views on TikTok.

Doja has since taken the TikTok down – but Twitter account Pop Crave (@PopCrave) swiftly reposted it. The video now has 706k views.

A number of people have tweeted their anger at Doja for making light of such a serious situation.

“Absolute garbage person,” one tweeted.

“Doja Cat mocking Amber Heard is like actually disgusting… I’m genuinely sick and praying for Amber and her wellbeing, she doesn’t deserve any of this,” said another.

Doja Cat’s representatives didn’t immediately respond to our request for comment.