most attractive man

So, according to science Robert Pattinson is the most attractive man in the world

He’s top of a very impressive list

According to science Robert Pattinson is officially the most attractive man in the world, beating fellow actors Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper and Henry Cavill for the title.

So why exactly is he the most attractive man? Sadly it’s not because of his diamond sparkly skin in Twilight or his rugged good looks as Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter, but because of an ancient algorithm which determines attractiveness.

The “Golden Ratio” was devised in the Renaissance period and uses facial dimensions to determine the beauty of a face. It was used by Leonardo Da Vinci but is now being used to assess the attractiveness of Leonardo DiCaprio. How things change.

This guy?

The ratio works by measuring from the hairline to the spot between the eyes, then measuring the length between the eyes and the bottom of the nose, and then finally measuring the bottom of the nose to the bottom of the chin. After these calculations are done an individual is technically more “beautiful” if the measurements are equal.

Robert Pattinson scored an impressive 92.15 percent using the Golden Ratio beating actors such Henry Cavill, Bradley Cooper, and Brad Pitt, who all scored above 90 per cent.

He is pretty fit tbf

According to cosmetic surgeon Dr Julian De Silva Robert Pattinson is basically “perfect” because of his chiselled jaw and classically shaped features.

He told LadBible: “Robert Pattinson was the clear winner when all elements of the face were measured for physical perfection.

“These brand new computer mapping techniques allow us to solve some of the mysteries of what it is that makes someone physically beautiful and the technology is useful when planning patients’ surgery.

“He was in the top five for nearly all the categories because he has such classically shaped features and a wonderful chiselled jaw.”

It wasn’t just the men who were measured for their attractiveness, a number of female celebrities were also rated and Amber Heard was scientifically the most attractive woman. Imagine if they got together and had kids? The world would not be ready for that level of attractiveness.

Featured image credit via David Fisher/Shutterstock