iconic love islander

Thousands of you voted, now we can reveal the most iconic Love Islander of all time

The winner won with 60 per cent of the vote

Earlier this week, we asked you all one very important question – who is the most iconic Love Islander of all time? With seven series, and over a 100 Islanders to choose from, who is the person that stays in your mind and instantly makes you think of Love Island?

We ran a series of polls on our Instagram asking you to pick between a number of iconic Islanders including Molly-Mae Hague, Alex Bowen and Kem Cetinay. After a subsequent second round our three finalists were chosen – Olivia Attwood, Ovie Soko and Maura Higgins.

After running our final poll yesterday, you selected your winner who won with 60 per cent of the votes. So who did you pick?

Well she needs no introduction, but I’m going to give her one anyway. From the moment she stepped into the villa and asked Tommy Fury “does she turn you on like I do?” a Love Island legend was made. From sucking a lolly seductively, to fanny flutters, to completely shutting Tom down, every day in the villa she created reality TV gold. I am of course talking about the fiercely independent, sexually confident, straight talking, ultimate girls girl – the one and only Maura Higgins.

via ITV2

Maura was the definition of a bombshell when she entered the Love Island villa in 2019 and did not stop bringing the chaotic energy throughout the series. She made it all the way to the final and during her time on the show got to know Tommy Fury, Tom Walker, Marvin Brooks, Chris Taylor, before ending the show with Curtis.

Throughout our polls Maura dominated beating out Molly-Mae Hague, and Amber Gill in the first two rounds, and received nearly 3,000 votes overall.

Some of Maura’s standout moments include shutting Tom down after he asked if she was “all mouth”, telling Anna about Jordan cracking on with India, and of course when she tripped up on her final date with Curtis.

These are just some of Maura’s most iconic moments:

When she first walked into the villa

When she knew exactly what she wanted

The ‘all mouth’ scene

When she had her priorities in check

When she said this

When she confronted Curtis over his advice to Jordan

When she had an understated reaction to Casa Amor

And when she handled having a fly in her mouth like a pro

There’s no one like you Maura.

Love Island 2022 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.