missguided order

Missguided WON’T be sending out customers’ orders or offering refunds

The outlet went into administration on 31st May

The Tab can reveal Missguided customers who’ve placed orders in the last few weeks will no longer receive them – and refund requests are still up in the air.

Missguided went into administration on 31st May, after inews revealed it owed massive amounts of money to debt collectors. The website stayed up for two weeks, enabling people to still buy from the brand. But, as of two days ago (13th June), Missguided.co.uk has been taken down.

missguided

What’s left of the Missguided website

We spoke to three customers about their lost orders – each of whom have received an apologetic email from Missguided in the last hour.

‘Confusing and awful service’ – Charlotte

After placing a £34 order with Missguided one day before it went into administration, Charlotte has still not received it. She tweeted the company asking the whereabouts of her package, and was quickly referred to customer service. The website also states shoppers can “get help on an existing order through our customer care team.”

“The communication from Missguided has been awful, just default answers like talking to a robot,” Charlotte told me. She then received an email from customer service stating the following:

“Hey Charlotte, I’m sorry that you haven’t received your order. Administrators are not in a position to honour the unfulfilled order.” It advised her to “discuss the possibility of a refund with your credit provider.”

But according to Charlotte, her credit provider has told her to claim via Missguided. It seems both her money – and her order – has been lost somewhere in the system.

‘I doubt my order was ever dispatched’ – Naomi

Naomi placed a £23 order from Missguided a week before their collapse was announced. She received a dispatch email a day later – but still hasn’t received her parcel.

“I sent numerous messages to Missguided… I was originally told they were experiencing a system issue so would have to message them again in 72 hours. I messaged again and told that all items ordered before 1pm on 30th May will continue to be processed, and they’re working with their stakeholders to meet the orders.

“I asked what the indicated time frame for delivery was, they said they can’t give an exact one.”

Naomi later received the same email as Charlotte, telling her she won’t be receiving her items, and relieving themselves the responsibility of paying her back.

Chargeback could supposedly help cardholder claim refunds

According to journalist George Goldberg, you may be able to claim refunds through a process called Chargeback. This means calling your card provider (rather than your bank) to reverse the transaction on whichever card you’ve used.

However, you have a limit of 120 days to do it, and the bigger the payment, the more likely you are to see the money again.

Missguided did not immediately respond to our request for comment.