Uni investigating student who had ‘I hate n*****’ written across his body

The student has said he ‘will not apologise’ for the image as he is ‘not responsible’

Content warning: Discussions of racism and anti-seminitism.

A student is being investigated for having a racial slur and Swastika printed across their chest.

The University of Central Lancashire student is being ivestigated by the uni over the recent image which has circulated online.

The message on his chest said: “I hate n*****” with a Swastika underneath written in red lipstick.

After the image was shared online, students have been requesting the university takes immediate action. The University of Central Lancashire has confirmed it is aware of the incident and investigating.

Despite the online backlash, the student in the photograph has confirmed they are not sorry. They told The Tab: “It was part of a drinking game where I had to allow my girlfriend to write whatever she wanted on my chest. The person who wrote that is black and chose that message ironically. As anyone who was there that night will confirm, I had absolutely no control over what was written and did not consent to any images being taken. They are now being used to attack me as the person with these images is well aware I had no power of the situation.

“Whilst I acknowledge that these images and their content are very harmful and disgusting, I will not apologise because, as I’ve stated, I was not responsible for them.

“I would also point out that the reason she wrote that is because the app we were using said to write the most offensive thing possible.”

A spokesperson from UCLan told The Tab: “At UCLan we do not condone any form of harassment, bullying or hate crime and our ethos is for everyone to treat each other with respect. We take matters such as this very seriously and have been carrying out an investigation into all aspects of this case and will work directly with those involved in this matter.

“There is complexity to this investigation, and it would not be appropriate to share the details of the case nor breach the confidentiality of the individuals involved as we deal with this matter appropriately.”

One of the students who initially shared the image online and reported it to the university has since been suspended on the grounds of harassment. They told The Tab: “It’s very stressful and upsetting, especially as I would like to get my degree at the end of my three years of hard work. I don’t want to be expelled for standing up against discrimination.”

The Lancashire Police have confirmed the incident has been reported and is currently being investigated.