Love Island 2022

Here’s absolutely everything you need to know about Love Island 2022 before it starts next week

A controversial challenge has been scrapped ahead of the new season

Love Island 2022 is returning in less than a week and I am shaking with excitement. All we have to do is see through this long bank holiday weekend and then we get to see cringe influencers crack on with personal trainers, all in the hope of finding love and becoming the next Molly-Mae.

It’s been a while since we heard Iain Stirling say he’s got a text, and to be honest, we need this in our lives now more than ever. So, let’s crack on and find out what the eighth season has in store for us. Here’s everything we know about Love Island 2022, get ready for a longer than usual and steamy summer.

This series will be the longest one ever

Love Island 2022

Love Island 2022 is set to be the longest ever series of the show as this year’s contestants have been asked to block out their entire summer. It has been confirmed by producers that the show will run for ten whole weeks which is around a fortnight longer than usual.

Love Island 2022 will be back in Majorca

Filming is set to return to its original home of Majorca and into a £2.57 million villa. The old villa in Sant Llorenç des Cardassar was sold for £3 million after hosting the series for five years.

The theme is brightly coloured pop art and their beds are back to bring across from one another for a more communal feel. There’s also a rose gold kitchen and a fold up bed in the living room – iconic. You can get a full look inside the villa here.

Laura Whitmore is back as the host

Laura Whitmore will resume her position as Love Island host, while Iain Stirling will continue to do the voice overs. Last year, Laura was never allowed inside the villa because of Covid however now restrictions have been lifted so it’s all set to go back to normal.

The contestants this year are going to receive inclusion training

Love Island 2022

As part of a new duty of care, Love Island 2022 contestants will be offered inclusion training. According to producers, contestants will have “training and guidance on inclusive language around disability, sexuality, race and ethnicity, behaviours and microaggressions.” The training will be provided by BCOMS (Black Collective of Media in Sport) founder Leon Mann MBE, and DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) consultant Hayley Bennett. As well as a disability specialist and a broadcaster.

Love Islanders no longer have to do the food challenge

Finally Love Island fans will know peace after producers step away from the awful food challenge after backlash. Executive producer Mike Spencer said: “We are stepping away from the food challenges as we know them.” He also hinted that the Casa Amor postcard twist might not happen this season, he said: “We have published our duty of care protocols very publicly and we have an incredible welfare team on the series. I agree we have to be incredibly considered when making our editorial decisions. We are also making a dating entertainment series but humour is normally at the heart of most storylines. I think we are considered and it always becomes tricky with the passing of information but we aim to find balance in the show.”

Love Island 2022 starts on ITV2 at 9pm on Monday 6th June. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip, and rumours about the 2022 series – follow The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.