molly-mae love island audition

Molly-Mae reveals she was initially rejected by Love Island

She didn’t make it past the audition stage in 2018

Molly-Mae Hague has revealed she was initially rejected by Love Island the first time she had an audition for the show.

Speaking to The Sunday Times, Molly-Mae said she applied for the show in 2018 but didn’t make it past the initial audition stage.

However a year later the producers of Love Island approached her to go on the show, which Molly-Mae said she had manifested.

She said: “Even before I went for that audition I knew I was going to be on the show … I manifested it.”

via ITV

Molly-Mae entered Love Island 2019 as an early bombshell and went onto finish in second place, alongside boyfriend Tommy Fury.

Since leaving Love Island Molly-Mae has gained millions of Instagram followers, become a millionaire and creative director of PrettyLittleThing.

Her interview with The Sunday Times touches on the highlights of her career and the business decisions she makes alongside her manager Fran Britton.

When asked by paper what Molly’s role as creative director of PrettyLittleThing entails, her manager answered and said: “That’s a big misconception with the role, that people think she’s involved in all aspects of the business. And that isn’t the case.”

Fran goes onto say Molly’s role is to bring “creative vision” to the brand, and when The Sunday Times asks Molly if reputation is important to her when choosing who to work with, Fran answer’s on Molly’s behalf and said: “That’s not something Molly speaks about.”

via Instagram @mollymae

As part of her interview Molly discusses her new book “Becoming Molly-Mae” which is set to be released next week and is said to be both an autobiography and guide.

The book features details on the £2million clothing brand deal she turned down, her complicated journey with fillers, and her parents’ divorce.

Featured image credit via Instagram @mollymae