kate moss testimony

‘Johnny never pushed me’: Kate Moss testifies in the Depp v Heard trial

The pair dated between 1994 and 1998

Live: This is a developing story and is being continuously updated.

In the final week of the Johnny Depp v Amber Heard trial, Kate Moss has taken to the stand and testified in Depp’s defence.

To recap, Depp is suing his ex-wife, Amber Heard, for £39 million. He claims he was defamed by an opinion article Heard wrote for the Washington Post, in which she called herself a “public figure representing domestic abuse.” The actor wasn’t named in the piece. Heard is countersuing Depp for £81 million in damages. The jury is expected to reach a verdict over the coming weeks.

Moss sat in her Gloucestershire home and spoke to the court via a live feed. Her statement was brief, and Heard’s team chose not to cross-examine her.

johnny depp kate moss

Photo by MediaPunch/Shutterstock

During Amber Heard’s testimony, she told the court of a fight between herself and her ex-husband. The actress claimed her sister, Whitney Henriquez, had to “put herself” in between the former couple.

“She threw herself in the line of fire, trying to get Johnny to stop,” she said. “Her back was to the staircase and Johnny swings at her… I instantly think of Kate Moss and the stairs.”

In a now-viral moment from the trial, Depp’s lawyer, Ben Chew, was seen celebrating at the mention of Moss. At the time, it wasn’t understood why the legal team looked so happy about the claim.

kate moss testimony

Photo by Evelyn Hockstein/AP/Shutterstock

Kate Moss’ testimony only lasted a few questions, but she clarified whether Depp had, in fact, pushed her down the stairs while they were together.

We were leaving the room and Johnny left the room before I did and there had been a rainstorm and as I left the room I slid down the stairs and I hurt my back,” she stated. “I screamed because I didn’t know what had happened to me and I was in pain. He came running back to help me and carried me to my room and got me medical attention.

“He never pushed me, kicked me or threw me down any stairs.”

The trial ends on Friday (27th May).

For more updates on the Johnny Depp v Amber Heard trial, follow our live blog here.