series like Heartstopper

If you enjoyed Heartstopper then you need to watch these eight shows next

There goes my social life for the next few weeks!!

Right now, everyone is watching Heartstopper on Netflix. It’s an adaptation of Alice Oseman’s novel and it’s even been given 100 per cent on Rotten Tomatoes so you know it’s good. Once you’ve finished the series, for the first or sixth time, you might feel a bit sad and empty, so here’s a rundown of all the shows like Heartstopper which you should definitely be watching next.

1. Love, Victor

Love, Victor follows Victor, a student at an American high school, who is on a journey of self-discovery and struggles with his sexual orientaton. When everything gets too much for him he reaches out to Simon who helped him navigate school. This show is available on Hulu and Disney Plus.

2. Love, Simon

Simon Spier is a closeted gay teenager living in America. His friend tells him about someone else at his school who made an online confession about being a closeted gay and Simon starts emailing them. They share personal details and establish a connection. However their emails are then discovered by another student who threatens to make them public.

3. Sex Education

series like Heartstopper

via Netflix

Okay so Sex Education focuses on Otis Milburn , a student who’s the son of a very, very iconic sex therapist. But it’s also got a load of queer characters in it all trying to make their way through high school into adulthood. Plus Gillian Anderson is in it so that’s enough to make any gay want to watch.

4. Young Royals

Young Royals on Netflix is like if The Crown, Bridgerton and Heartstopper had a love child. The story centres around Prince Wilhem who arrives at a prestigious boarding school and finally finds himself with an opportunity to find out what kind of life he really wants. He starts dreaming of a future with freedom and unconditional love far away from his royal obligations – but when he unexpectedly becomes next in line for the throne his dilemma is heighted as he has to make a choice. Love or duty.

5. Feel Good

series like Heartstopper

via Channel 4

Feel Good is on Netflix but originally is a Channel 4 show. It’s a bit older than the age of Heartstopper characters but it’s easy to watch. It’s all about love, addiction and sexuality. It focuses on Mae and her relationship with her new girlfriend George. It starts off with them in new relationship bliss before the realities kick in. George has never dated a woman before, and they actually know very little about one another. George is scared to introduce Mae to her family due to her situation and this causes more rifts between the pair. We also quickly learn Mae is a recovering addict and is attending narcotics anonymous meetings.

6. Atypical

series like Heartstopper

via Netflix

Atypical on Netflix is one of those shows you can rave about incessantly for days but your mates probably still won’t watch it – hence why you should. It’s got absolutely everything, from sensitivity of dealing with life through the lens of an autistic person as well as loads of soppy romance which we all love. There’s even a queer relationship in the show and it’s integral to the plot! Then again maybe I am a biased gay.

7. Ginny and Georgia

series like Heartstopper

via Netflix

Netflix’s Ginny and Georgia follows 15-year-old Ginny who is way more mature than her 30-year-old mum. They finally settle down in a wholesome New England town for a fresh start after years on the road and the death of Ginny’s step dad. Ginny is pretty outspoken and finds it hard making friends but finds a new group at her new school! If you liked the friendship vibes of Heartstopper then this one’s for you.

8. Never Have I Ever

via Netflix

This show is so similar to Heartstopper in the sense that it’s sweet and features a friendship group you can’t help but adore. The show focuses on Devi, a 15-year-old Indian-American Tamil girl who sadly loses her dad. Whilst she’s grieving his death, she becomes obsessed with making her life better. That even includes stuff like losing her virginity – the Netflix series is an ode to our awkward teenage years!

Heartstopper is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.