Who is Chelsea from Selling Sunset’s influential mother? Here’s everything there is to know

On the show Chelsea says she is ‘one of the most successful Black women in corporate America’

Season five welcomed a new face to The Oppenheim Group. Chelsea Lazkani joined the cast of Selling Sunset, and she was straight in the drama with the other realtors. Chelsea means business, and during her first season said her mother and her upbringing were one of the main factors in helping her feel inspired in her career, and get her to where she is now – firmly competing with the other Selling Sunset girls.

In episode two of the fifth season of Selling Sunset, Chelsea said she was raised by an “incredibly hands-on and successful mother” and says she is one of the most successful Black women in corporate America. In season seven, whilst throwing her 30th birthday party, Chelsea again paid tribute to what an amazing woman her mother is, as her mother got emotional in the crowd.

So, who is her mother and what does she do? Here’s what you need to know.

The mother of Selling Sunset star Chelsea

via Netflix

Chelsea from Selling Sunset wasn’t lying when she said her mother is successful in her career

Chelsea is from London and is British-Nigerian. She says she was inspired by her parents to have a successful career. Her mother is called Elizabeth Adefioye and her father is called Segun Adefioye.

After Chelsea mentioning her mother and her career on Selling Sunset, you’re probably wondering what exactly it is that she does. Her mother Elizabeth has worked as Chief People Officer at Emerson and her father, Segun Adefioye, is an accomplished architect and property developer. Chelsea’s mother has worked at Emerson since late 2021. Emerson Electric Co. is an American multinational corporation and is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 83,500 employees. It has reported revenue of over $16billion.

As well as this role, Elizabeth works on the board of directors for a charity in Chicago. Before this she was the Chief Human Resources Officer at food company, Ingredion. She has also worked in high-profile HR roles for companies such as Medtronic International Europe and Johnson & Johnson.

Her LinkedIn states that she was once featured in a list called “The Most Powerful Black Women in Corporate America”- so Chelsea was very accurate with her description of her mother.

Elizabeth has had an extremely impressive education, too. According to her LinkedIn, she got a degree in Chemistry from Lagos State University before studying for a post-grad diploma in Business Administration and Management in Glasgow. Elizabeth also received a post-graduate in Human Resources Management from The University of Westminster.

via Netflix

Chelsea says on the show that having such an influential and inspiring mother has helped her see that women can do lots of things in life and can be role models for all.

Selling Sunset is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.