A rundown of everything that happened in Chrishell Stause and Jason Oppenheim’s relationship

Not Jason saying he still loves her!!!

Season five of Selling Sunset is here, and arguably the biggest storyline is the news that Jason Oppenheim and Chrishell Stause are an item. Now we all have the benefit of hindsight, and know that five months down the line and the couple are going to call it quits. But it’s not quite all over there. We still have to watch them on the show being completely loved up, which is a bit awkward. Plus, Jason is out here still saying he loves Chrishell. It’s all a bit much for my heart to deal with.

The romance might not have lasted long, but to Selling Sunset fans it was everything. And now watching it back is making everyone feel a weird kind of way. To jog your memory, here is a full timeline of everything that has gone down in the relationship between Selling Sunset stars Chrishell Stause and Jason Oppenheim.

Full relationship timeline of Jason Oppenheim and Chrishell Stause from Selling Sunset on Netflix

via Instagram

Chrishell Stause and Jason Oppenheim went public as dating in July 2021

Chrishell Stause joined The Oppenheim Group for Selling Sunset in 2018, and just over two years later it was revealed she was dating the boss, Jason Oppenheim.

They went public with their relationship just two months after they’d started dating, with Chrishell saying she “wanted to be able to hold her boyfriend’s hand” without being worried that they would be “caught” before the public knew they were together. Jason and Chrishell confirmed they were together in July 2021, during a holiday to Greece with other cast members.

“Chrishell and I became close friends and it has developed into an amazing relationship,” Jason said at the time. “I care about her deeply and we’re very happy together.” The pair gushed over one another, and quickly announced they were in love.

via Instagram

There was drama with Christine and Chrishell about Christine selling stories about her and Jason’s relationship

After season four of the show, there was drama with Christine and Chrishell – which ended in Chrishell threatening legal action. The main beef was over Christine apparently selling stories to the press about Chrishell’s divorce with Justin Hartley – but apparently, Christine also tried to tell the press Chrishell and Jason were official before they actually were, too.

Jason revealed it was Chrishell’s decision to keep their relationship a secret during season four of Selling Sunset

via Netflix

The trip where Jason and Chrishell went public was just after filming for season four had wrapped, so the pair were very much a thing in previous episodes of the show – but chose to wait before having the cameras in their relationship. Cutting straight to the chase, there was one main reason why the pair didn’t go public during season four on Netflix: Chrishell.

In an interview, Jason said it was her decision to stay private, adding: “I think when [a relationship is] public, it puts a lot of added pressures and publicity and opinion. I think it’s nice to kind of start a relationship in the way that normal relationships kind of grow and progress. And that’s just between two people.”

He added that they did tell their closest family members and a few close friends, but were even selective over which colleagues they shared the news with. And we all know how much they love to gossip in that office!! “We told some close friends, but if you want to keep something private, you have to generally not tell too many people. It’s hard to keep a secret amongst a lot of people,” he said.

via Netflix

Chrishell Stause and Jason Oppenheim had picked out baby names

In season five of the show, which has just dropped and sees the couple very much together, we learn Chrishell and Jason had picked out baby names. “I know I want to be a mom. We even came up with a name for our fictitious child. Her name is Maverick,” Chrishell says to Jason’s mother on the show.

The pair broke up in December last year because they wanted different things for their futures

In December 2021, the pair broke up. They said they still shared a love for each other, but wanted different things for their futures. Despite having chosen baby names, this was what ended their relationship – Chrishell had wanted to start a family, but that wasn’t something Jason wanted for himself. In her upcoming book, Chrishell says: “One thing I am sure of is that we will always have an enormous amount of love, respect and friendship between us.”

Posting on his Instagram story at the time, Jason said: “While Chrishell and I are no longer together, we remain best friends and we will always love and support one another. She was the most amazing girlfriend I’ve ever had, and it was the happiest and most fulfilling relationship of my life. While we have different wants regarding a family, we continue to have the utmost respect for one another. Chrishell is an exceptional human being and loving her and having her in my life is one of the best things that has ever happened to me.”

Chrishell wrote: “I have tried to embrace the world I have found myself in and that includes being open and honest about my relationships. It felt scary and terrifying knowing that it may not end in what society deems a success and what I am ultimately looking for. But after many long heartfelt talks, I am choosing to see it as a success no matter what label is attached to it publicly.

“Jason was and is my best friend and, other than our ideas for a family ultimately not being aligned, the amount of respect and love we have for each other will not change going forward.”

via Instagram

Now, Jason Oppenheim says he still loves Chrishell and thinks about her everyday

In April, Jason admitted he still thinks about Chrishell every single day and honestly, my whole heart feels this. In an interview this week, as season five of Selling Sunset comes out, Jason has opened up even further about their split and the time since. “I think that I made the right decision for myself, but also I think it’s just extremely difficult,” he told US Weekly. “I love her still. I always will. She’s a great woman so there’s just a lot of loss there.”

He described the relationship as “still raw”, and added: “It’s far more difficult than I thought and it’s gonna take a lot longer than I thought. It doesn’t help that I have to rewatch it and then go to a reunion and talk about it. It’s gonna be a tough few weeks ahead.”

Season five of Selling Sunset is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.