LaBrant family abortion video

An American YouTube family has compared abortion to the Holocaust in a pro-life doc

People are calling for the video to be taken down

The LaBrant family on YouTube are facing backlash after releasing a video on abortion and sharing their pro-life views.

The video titled “Abortion. (documentary)” is framed as an investigation by the LaBrant family on discovering the truth about abortion in an effort to help women gain better access to healthcare and medical resources.

In the video posted to their 13.1 million subscribers, the family interviews a handful of pro-life doctors and women who chose to not have an abortion. It also shows no attempt to offer an argument for pro-choice or address any other reason for a pregnant person wanting an abortion.

The LaBrant family have been receiving intense backlash on Twitter for their YouTube video. One person shared screenshots pointing out the fact they compared abortion statistics in America to the Holocaust.

Another person tweeted saying: “Why has no one cancelled the LaBrant family?”. Others are calling for YouTube to remove the video and their platform. Cole LaBrant, the father, posted their YouTube video on Instagram however it was since taken down. However he released this statement to his story yesterday.

It says: “Instagram did take our feed post down. This is ok, fortunately we have talked with our team at YouTube and they’re keeping the documentary up there, which is most important. They did demonetise and take the video out of the algorithm. Which is all ok, we assumed this would happen. The biggest thing this does is significantly reduce the video’s reach. The more people the video reaches, the more people who can find help. This makes it where you can really only watch the video if you have a link or go directly to our channel.

“YouTube won’t further share it. At this point we’ll leave the message in Gods hands and trust that whoever is supposed to watch it, will watch it. You guys have supported this so much and we’re so thankful. If you feel lead, please share the documentary with people you know.”