A breakdown of who got with who in The Ultimatum’s marriage experiment

I care about this way more than I should

The Ultimatum has quite possibly taken reality TV to a whole new level and I’m unsure if there’s any coming back from it at this point. Over the course of eight episodes we saw couples risking it all for marriage – it was chaos. And now we have to wait for the final episodes before we see who’s fully over and who stuck it out. The experiment is designed to help couples solidify their feelings for each other by forcing them into relationships with total strangers. So here’s an update on what happened to all of the couples at the end of The Ultimatum.

Alexis Maloney and Hunter Parr

via Netflix

Alexis and Hunter genuinely made incredible reality TV content. She was unhinged and we loved her for it. Alexis stood up for herself and even said the whole concept was bullshit and she won’t sit there and watch the man she loves date another woman – fair enough, right? Her man in question was Hunter, saved Alexis from any further outburst and proposed to her. They went home and to be honest, won my heart over any other couple in the experiment.

Lauren Pounds and Nate Ruggles

via Netflix

Nate clearly felt influence from Hunter because he proposed to Lauren despite her whole argument for not wanting marriage and not being sure on having kids – which they still disagreed on.

Randall Griffin and Shanique Imari

via Netflix

Randall paired with Madlyn and Shanique paired with Zay for the experiment. I’m not going to lie, Randall and Madlyn seemed to connect super fast and at the end I wasn’t totally convinced Madlyn would want to get back with Colby or if Randall would get back with Shanique.

Colby Kissinger and Madlyn Ballatori

via Netflix

So Madlyn paired with Randall and Colby found a connection with April. Madlyn seemed to have a great time with Randall and to be fair so did Colby and April. However theirs was totally platonic as they both proposed the ultimatum to their partners so saw no reason to entertain pretending to be married.

April Marie and Jake Cunningham

via Netflix

Jake waved so many red flags at us whilst paired with Rae – he was straight up falling in love and forgetting about April entirely. Also Jake and April don’t even follow each other on Instagram anymore so that’s not the best sign.

Rae Williams and Zay Wilson

via Netflix

Rae paired herself with Jake whilst Zay was with Shanique for the experiment. These two also no longer follow each other on Instagram either which is sad.

The Ultimatum season one is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.