The Ultimatum couples

Meet the six couples risking it all for marriage on Netflix’s new dating show The Ultimatum

I am already hooked

Netflix is dropping The Ultimatum tomorrow and we’re introduced to six couples who have been dating for two and a half years or less. One partner in the relationship is super keen to get married and issues an ultimatum to their significant other saying “marry me or we’ll split” – it’s a little bit iconic if you ask me.

The show’s producers are the same as Love Is Blind and we even get Nick and Vanessa Lachey back on our screens. At the end of the eight weeks, the six couples must decide if they want to marry the person they arrived with or go their separate ways. I know what you’re thinking, it takes a certain type of person to go on a show like this. So let’s meet them! Here are the six couples putting their relationship to the text on The Ultimatum.

Shanique and Randall

24-year-old Shanique and 26-year-old Randall have been dating for a year and a half, but because Randall is still unsure on marriage he has been offered an ultimatum by Shanique. She wants a baby and is even convinced Randall is ready for marriage but just doesn’t know it yet. Bold moves from Shanique.

April and Jake

23-year-old April is the one dishing out an ultimatum to her 26-year-old partner Jake after being together for two years. She’s keen for a baby and marriage but he’s just got out of the military a year ago so he’s more down for travelling and having fun. In the clip he even admits to wanting to “date around” which literally makes April CRY. I am not ready for this drama.

Alexis and Hunter

Alexis and Hunter have been together for two years but Hunter isn’t totally convinced on marriage just yet so Alexis is offering him an ultimatum.

Madlyn and Colby

24-year-old Madlyn and 25-year-old Colby are the youngest couple on The Ultimatum season one. They’ve been together for a year and a half but Madlyn is yet to decide on marriage so Colby is the one issuing the ultimatum to her. How can she say no to that wholesome cowboy hat?

Rae and Zay

24-year-old Rae apparently has her life all planned out but Zay isn’t for marriage just yet. After dating for two and a half years, Rae offers her 25-year-old boyfriend the ultimatum.

Lauren and Nate

30-year-old Nate and 26-year-old Lauren have been together for two years and a half and Nate decided to offer Lauren the ultimatum. I wonder who’s going to stay together and who’s going to break up? You can watch the trailer for season one here:

The Ultimatum drops on Netflix on April 6. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.