The Unofficial Bridgerton Musical Grammy

‘Unofficial Bridgerton Musical’ is the first Grammy-winning album to come from TikTok

And it SLAPS!

The Unofficial Bridgerton Musical from TikTok has won the 2022 Grammy Award for Best Musical Theatre Album.

The musical was first uploaded onto TikTok back in January 2021. Emily Bear and Abigail Barlow used TikTok as a way to get audience engagement and share snippets of their songs whilst developing them.

Their project initially grew on Abigail Barlow’s TikTok account, where is first gained over 2.4 million views. And now the Bridgerton Musical has almost 273 million views altogether – it’s huge.

If you haven’t heard of The Unofficial Bridgerton Musical then you’re really missing out because it slaps so hard. It was released on Spotify back in September 2021 and has 15 full tracks. During their acceptance speech, Abigail said: “A year ago when I asked the internet ‘What if Bridgerton was a musical?” I could not have imagined we would be holding  a Grammy in our hands. We want to thank everyone on the internet who has watched us create this album from the ground up – we share this with you.”

Back in 2020, Abigail and Emily worked together on Ratatouille the musical so this isn’t their first rodeo. The Unofficial Bridgerton Musical is now award winning alongside major musicals like The Sound of Music, West Side Story and Hamilton. This year the musical beat it’s fellow nominees such as Les Misérables and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Cinderella. You can watch the moment they accepted their award below.