Yes, Ashley Tisdale really got her husband to buy 400 books just for an AD tour

Finally an honest celebrity home tour

Disney Channel icon Ashley Tisdale was incredibly candid in her recent Architectural Digest house tour when she revealed she sent her husband out to buy 400 books for their empty bookshelves specifically for the tour.

In the tour Ashley shows off the rooms of her house, name drops her friend Vanessa and explains the thinking behind her interiors aesthetic. She shared her living space, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and daughter’s room.

Speaking on the video, posted yesterday, Ashley showed off her filled bookcase and made the confession that until recently the shelves were empty until her husband went out and bought loads of books for the magazine tour.

She said: “These bookshelves, I have to be honest… actually did not have books in them a couple days ago. I had my husband go to a bookstore and I was like: ‘You need to get 400 books.’”

Ashley then revealed her husband said they should be collecting books over the years to fill the case to which Ashley replied: “No, no, no, no. Not when AD comes.”

via AD

Her revelation has got everyone on Twitter talking after one user, Sarah Caldwell, shared screenshots from the bookcase part of the tour and captioned it: “I… am speechless.”

Sarah’s tweet has now had over 300,000 likes and over 10,000 retweets with people sharing their own opinions on the book saga.

Some people are agreeing with Sarah and expressing their shock that Ashley didn’t have any books to begin with. Whereas others are in full support of Ashley’s refreshing transparency. And if we’re being honest, we all have books we’ve never read and probably never will.

Others also pointed out it is Ashley’s decision to spend her money how she wishes and Ashley and her husband were supporting authors and bookshops by buying hundreds of books.

Ashley even commented on all the controversy and responded to Sarah’s original tweet. She said some of the books were already there but she only did something interior designers do all the time.

Writing on Twitter she said: “Let’s clear this up. There are some of my books from over the years in there but yea 36 shelves that hold 22 books I did not have and any interior designer would have done the same. They do it all the time, I was just honest about it.”

Now that’s sorted, we can address the actual question – does Ashley’s husband Chris French have good taste in books? He appeared to go for a lot of art and cooking books as well as one book on Freud.

These are some of the titles he picked out: Vital Voices 100 Women Using Their Power to Empower by Alyse Nelson, Flavorbomb by Bob Blumer, Salt Block Cooking by Mark Bitterman, Me Elton John by Elton John, Surf Shacks by Matt Titone, Plan of Attack by Bob Woodward, Final Flight by Stephen Coonts and God’s Ear by Jenny Schwartz. So yeah make your own mind up about those.

Watch the full Architectural Digest tour of Ashley Tisdale’s home here:

Featured image credit via Architectural Digest