Carole Prentice Bridgerton

Who was Carole Prentice? The woman Bridgerton’s final episode pays tribute to

She was described as an ‘avid’ Bridgerton fan

Bridgerton season two dropped last Friday and it’s obviously already jumped to number one on Netflix. The end of the final episode in season two of Bridgerton pays tribute to a woman called Carole Prentice, so viewers are probably wondering who she was and what she did for the show.

A message at the last episode of season two before the credits rolled said: “In memory of Carole Prentice”. Here’s what we know about what happened.

Carole Prentice Bridgerton

via Netflix

Carole Prentice worked on Bridgerton season two as a Covid-19 coordinator

Carole’s role as Covid-19 coordinator was crucial in the development of the new season as it was filmed during the pandemic. Carole sadly passed away in January 2022 at the age of 61 following post-surgery related complications.

In a statement to Metro her son, Sebastian Prentice explained her death took everyone by surprise. He described her as “full of energy and full of life up until she passed away.” In an Instagram post dedicated to his mum, Sebastian calls Carole a “warrior”.

Carole Prentice was an ‘avid Bridgerton fan’

Sebastian said his mum was “a very avid Bridgerton fan. She was so excited that she was working on Bridgerton. She made good friends and I think she impacted a lot of people in a short time.”

Carole’s son is apparently planning on writing books about his mum, including a biography based on her life and a self-help book full of all the life lessons she taught him. He said his mum was “always doing what she could to try and mentor and help, which I think left a positive impact on a lot of people.”

When Sebastian saw the tribute to his mum at the end of the final episode he says he shouted and felt “so proud”. He says: “She really deserved that, you know? Someone who poured her heart and soul into it. She really did deserve that recognition. I was overjoyed, I was so so happy to see that.”

Season two of Bridgerton is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.