best below deck episodes

Ranked: The best ever Below Deck episodes according to IMDb

Anything with Chef Ben in is a 10/10 from me

Below Deck is easily in the top five reality shows ever. The show about the crew working on mega yachts serving millionaire guests has it all. It’s got eccentric characters, dramatic arguments and the occasional life-risking accident. And with nine seasons and three spinoff series you can basically never run out of Below Deck episodes. But of the many episodes which are truly the best?

There are currently 140 episodes available of Below Deck and everyone will have their favourite season. Some people cannot watch an episode if it doesn’t have Chef Ben in it whereas swear down season six is the best of all time. Regardless of your personal opinion there is a semi-scientific way to find out which episodes are definitely worth your time.

IMDb has a user rating of all 140 episodes ranked with a score out of 10. The top 10 episodes ever are from season three, four, five and six and so if you’re ever stuck with an episode to watch, then these are the ones for you:

10. Hot Mess Express (Season five, episode nine)

via Bravo

IMDb score: 8.1

Season five of Below Deck was pure chaos, and this episode proves it. The crew are dealing with a charter that includes a rich Texan and his much younger girlfriend. Bruno attempts to work with the interior thinking he knows best. Nico tries to set up a beach picnic, Jen gets felt up by the guests and then it all kicks off when Nico’s brother comes to visit and gets in a fight with EJ.

9. You Don’t Mess With The Primary (Season five, episode 12)

via Bravo

IMDb score: 8.1

Another classic episode from the end of season five is this one. Chef Matt faces pressure to make a great dinner for the guests and Captain Lee. Jen carries on complaining about working with Kate but forgets to wake up for her shift. The episode ends with a drunk Jen calling Baker a “wh*re”.

8. Let Them Eat Chicken! (Season six, episode 11)

via Bravo

IMDb score: 8.1

If you want to see an example of obnoxious charter guests, then watch this episode. The crew deal with the aftermath of Ashton being pulled over board and Laura is struggling to work with Kate and Josiah. However the most shocking part of this episode is when a guest says “chicken is what poor people eat” after Adrian cooks them a beautiful chicken dinner.

7. I Said I Got It! (Season six, episode 13)

via Bravo

IMDb score: 8.1

This episode has some classic chief stew drama. Kate deals with the aftermath of being asked to “check yourself” by Laura in ear shot of the guests. Elsewhere Adrian deals with one of the charter guests having a BIG crush on him. Laura gets a talking to from Captain Lee and Ross and Rhylee have a frustrating chat about her role. And the crew go on a night out that causes some major drama in Ashton and Laura’s developing relationship. Oh and we’re shown a very graphic clip of Rhylee and Tyler having sex that no one needed to see.

6. Shame Cocoon (Season six, episode 15)

via Bravo

IMDb score: 8.1

Crew romances are in every season of Below Deck and in this episode we get to see a number of relationships. Rhylee and Tyler go on a date that ends with Rhylee in tears. Ashton and Laura get closer and the crew deal with their final charter which includes guests having their own beef. And it is juicy, one guests calls another a “wh*re” and slams the door on the camera.

5. What Took You So Long? (Season three, episode 10)

via Bravo

IMDb score: 8.2

Accidents happen on the boat and this time we’ve got an episode with a fire. The episode begins with Chef Leon dealing with a fire in the galley and then blaming it on Kate. After a conversation with Captain Lee, Leon quits mid charter and Rocky vows to join him, but instead she just jumps overboard. Rocky ends up cooking for the guests and the end of the episode brings the return of Chef Ben. It is a pure carnage episode and I can happily watch it over and over.

4. Decent Proposal (Season four, episode seven)

via Bravo

IMDb score: 8.2

Any season of Below Deck with Ben and Kate is just going to bring the best episodes. This episode features Kate’s girlfriend hanging out with the crew and a rather jealous Ben. However it is also the beginning of Ben and Emily’s relationship when Ben gives her flowers for the first time ever. The episode also features a charter guest proposal and Kelley struggling as Bosun.

3. Bemily (Season four, episode 12)

via Bravo

IMDb score: 8.2

You’d have to be dead inside to not find Ben and Emily ridiculously cute, but they hit a bump in the road in their relationship this episode. Charter guest Dean Slover makes his return and Kelley leaves him deserted on a beach. Elsewhere Kyle’s girlfriend Ashley comes to visit and Nico is promoted to Lead Deckhand.

2. Kate Goes To Church (Season five, episode four)

best below deck episodes

via Bravo

IMDb score: 8.2

I’m not going to lie I’m surprised an episode so early on in the season ended up as the second best ever Below Deck episode. In this episode it begins with the end of the first crew night out. Kate stays over on a guy’s boat and the deck crew extremely mess up the undocking. Kate and Jen clash over their work. It’s a good episode but not worthy of the number two spot.

1. King Come-On-I-Wanna-Lay-Ya (Season five, episode 10)

via Bravo

IMDb score: 8.4

And the prize for the best ever episode of Below Deck according to IMDb goes to this one from season five. EJ leaves, Nico injures his hand and Kate has to manage a charter where the boat has to stay in the dock. Bruno starts criticising Kate’s way of running the interior and Jen and Bri argue. It’s a good episode but definitely not the best ever.

Featured image credit via Bravo