Aaron has been accused of bullying candidates and ‘making them cry’ on The Apprentice

He denies everything, but this isn’t the first time candidates this year have raised bullying claims

The Apprentice 2022 star Aaron Willis has been accused of bullying fellow candidates and making them cry on set, a claim which he has strongly denied. According to reports, Aaron reduced multiple contestants to tears in “explosive” unaired scenes of the show.

It has been alleged that Aaron was in a heated debate with fellow candidate Kathyrn Burn during the baby food challenge, which aired last week. He is also said to have upset Navid Sole and Harry Mahmood during the first week challenge.

A source told the Sun: “Things often get heated but some scenes Aaron was in were explosive. He has a military background and doesn’t pull many punches. Some candidates felt bullied. Three were visibly upset.The BBC hasn’t shown those scenes. Some people think that was deliberate.”

Aaron from The Apprentice 2022 in bullying claims

via BBC

Aaron has strongly denied any bullying claims and the accusation he “acted aggressively”, and has said he is disappointed with the suggestions he did anything but follow the clear guidelines in place for The Apprentice. In a statement, he said: “These accusations have no foundation and I find it disappointing that someone would decide to make these claims now, and in such a public way. Conversations can get heated during the process, but at no point was my conduct not compliant with the clear guidelines put in place by the producers.”

The BBC has said it is categorically untrue scenes were edited to exclude allegedly “explosive scenes”. A spokesperson added: “The welfare of all our candidates is of paramount importance and we have robust duty of care protocols in place to support them.”

Earlier in the series it was revealed The Apprentice 2022 was caught in a bullying row, after fired contestants Navid Sole and Harry Mahmood reportedly spoke up about their experiences with an unnamed candidate. It now appears this was Aaron, who Navid said insulted him, made him cry and “made his life hell” whilst filming was taking place.

The 27-year-old pharmacist claimed producers on the show refused to help him after the alleged incident which left him begging to swap rooms in the house the candidates share. He claims he was called a “snake” and a “clown” after a failed task, but the scenes weren’t aired on the show.

via BBC

Navid recalled being “shocked and upset” and “crying heavily” in the “intense and uncomfortable” altercation in the losers’ cafe. “That moral support wasn’t there. The episode was edited to show me drinking coffee when actually I was in distress. I watched it alone and cried because it gave me flashbacks,” he said.

“I went to the house and cried to myself because I felt like nobody else was helping. I was worried other contestants would think I was weak by crying. Bullying is a serious thing. It is a cut-throat industry but I didn’t sign up to the show expecting this.” It was also claimed fellow contestant Harry Mahmood had reported the same person for “rude and aggressive behaviour”.

At the time, a spokesperson for The Apprentice said: “The wellbeing of the candidates who take part in The Apprentice is of paramount importance. Thorough and robust duty of care protocols are in place which include an experienced network of support for candidates who are in regular contact before, during and after filming. All contributors agreed to a code of conduct which was put in place from the outset in order to protect and prioritise their welfare. These allegations are unsubstantiated and do not reflect the measures put in place to look after the candidates.”