The Weekend Away Netflix cast

Here’s where you recognise the cast of new Netflix thriller The Weekend Away from

Yes, that is Blair Waldorf enduring hell in Croatia

Another day, another Netflix original film that does the bare minimum required of it that we all eat up and watch because we’re slaves to the top 10. This week, it is the turn of The Weekend Away – the new thriller directed by Kim Farrant. The film stars Leighton Meester as Beth, who goes to Croatia with her best friend Kate only for Kate to go missing and Beth get tangled up in trying to find out what’s happened to her. The film’s received mixed reviews, but has rocketed straight into the Netflix top 10 and is full of familiar faces that has you spending the majority of its swift runtime saying “Where the hell do I know them from?” Well, worry no more – here’s where you recognise the cast of The Weekend Away on Netflix from.

Leighton Meester as Beth

Via Netflix

Leighton Meester takes the lead role of Beth. Beth’s a new mum who takes a trip from England to Croatia with her best friend Kate on an ill-fated trip to let her hair down. Leighton Meester is of course known for her iconic role of Blair Waldorf in Gossip Girl – but she’s also had a lead role in 2011 horror film The Roommate, of which she was nominated for some Teen Choice Awards for her performance. She’s also recently starred as a main role in two sitcoms: Single Parents and How I Met Your Father.

Christina Wolfe as Kate

Via Netflix

Christina Wolfe’s Kate is the best friend of Beth. She’s a glam party girl, which contrasts to Beth’s newfound motherhood and she’s always encouraging Beth to be a bit more wild like her. She has starred in Batwoman and The Royals.

Ziad Bakri as Zain

The Weekend Away Netflix cast

Via Netflix

Palestinian actor Ziad Bakri plays Zain, who is Beth’s taxi driver when she first arrives in Croatia and who proves to be a useful contact to have when the holiday starts going sour. Bakri is known for his role in the French show The Bureau.

Amar Bukvić as Pavić

The Weekend Away Netflix cast

Via Netflix

Amar Bukvić stars as the police officer Beth tries to enlist the help of once Kate goes missing, but is completely cynical of Beth’s claims and jaded in his reluctance to help. Amar Bukvić is a Croatian actor who’s extremely famous in his country, starring in a huge variety of films and TV shows as the lead in Croatia.

Luke Norris as Rob

Via Netflix

Luke Norris is best known for his role as Dwight Enis in Poldark, a lead role that he had through all five seasons – but he’s also recognisable for his small roles in Skins and The Inbetweeners. Amongst the cast of The Weekend Away on Netflix, he plays Beth’s mysterious husband Rob.

The Weekend Away is streaming on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.