Someone has conned The Tinder Swindler Simon Leviev out of $7k in an online scam

Yes, really

Someone has conned The Tinder Swindler, Simon Leviev. Yes, really. It’s been reported he has been scammed out of $7k by someone claiming they could get his Instagram account verified for him.

According to TMZ, Simon Leviev got himself caught up in the online scam when he was approached by a verified Instagram account which said it could help get him and his girlfriend, model Kate Konlin, verified on the app. The woman who messaged Simon is said to have told him her boyfriend worked at Meta, the company which owns Instagram.

TMZ claims the con was very well thought out, with Simon even jumping on a FaceTime call with the so-called “Meta boyfriend” who had staged a busy office behind himself on the call, to make it look like he was working for the tech company. TMZ also has screenshots of two PayPal payments made, which total $6,664. As part of the scam, Simon was told the two accounts would get a blue tick, and other fake profiles pretending to be him would be taken down.

The Tinder Swindler Simon Leviev conned out of $7k in online Instagram verification scam

Simon Leviev and Kate Konlin, via YouTube

Shortly after, Simon’s new manager is said to have flagged the “suspicious” situation, and reached out to an actual team member at Meta, who told them they don’t charge for verifications. However it’s been reported this was too little too late, and by then the two scammers had successfully conned Simon Leviev and taken all evidence of themselves down from Instagram, deleting the profiles they reached out to him on, and have pocketed the cash.

Right now, Simon Leviev most definitely isn’t verified and his Instagram profile remains to have been taken down.

You really couldn’t make this up.

The Tinder Swindler is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.