‘I feel bad for myself’: The Tinder Swindler says he conned nobody as is ‘not a monster’

He says he is a ‘legit businessman’ and his girlfriend also says women in the film are lying

In a new interview, The Tinder Swindler Simon Leviev has claimed he didn’t con anybody and the claims made against him by women in the Netflix documentary film are false. He was also joined by his new girlfriend, who too claims everything the women said in the film is “fake”.

31-year-old Simon Leviev has spoken publicly in an interview for the first time since The Tinder Swindler documentary came out, and said he wants to clear his name. “I’m not this monster that everyone has created,” he told Inside Edition. When asks about the allegations Cecilie Fjellhøy, Pernilla Sjoholm and Ayleen Charlotte make against him in the film, he said “they weren’t conned, they weren’t threatened.” Cecilie is said to have sent him over £200k whilst Ayleen lent him £100k. The films states Leviev stole around $10million (£7.4million) from his victims, all over the world.

Simon does admit he is not the son of Lev Leviev, the billionaire diamond mogul the women in The Tinder Swindler say he had claimed to them he was in order to get them to believe his con. “I never presented myself as [that]”, he added. “I feel bad for something I didn’t do? No, I feel bad for what has happened to myself. I want to clear my name, I want to say to the world this is not true.”

Later in the interview he added the women “took everything and manipulated it and added things to make it into a narrative that is one-sided and basically just to destroy my name and destroy everything.”

When asked how he has been funding his lavish lifestyle, Simon Leviev told Inside Edition he is a “legit businessman”. “I bought bitcoin in 2011,” he said. “I don’t need to say how much it was now.” He in fact claims he is “the biggest gentleman in the world” and said: “I’m not a fraud. I’m not a fake. People don’t know me so they cannot judge me.”

Later he was joined by his girlfriend, Israeli model Kate Konlin, who kissed him for the camera. She was asked about the women’s stories, but said: “My gut, it’s like, how someone can build such fake stuff?” She added that Simon has “of course not” ever borrowed money from her. “People sometimes do crazy and stupid things,” she added. “But, they say ‘ok, now I’m different’, and this is how it is with Simon.”

In a further clip of the interview with Inside Edition, which focuses on his new venture into an entertainment career and sending out videos on Cameo, Leviev claims a film about his life is in the works. “We are working on a movie, based on my life,” he said. “Kind of Catch Me If You Can, Wolf Of Wall Street. I did receive a few offers.”

Right now, the price for a personal shoutout from Simon Leviev on Cameo is set at £148 ($200) and if you want a message for a business or for customers on a professional level it will cost you a whopping £1,000 ($1,400). He is said to have earned around $30k (£22k) in just three days on the site.

It was revealed last week Simon Leviev is also planning an entertainment career. He has bagged himself a manager, through which he has pitched the idea of his own dating show, dating podcast and book. The potential dating show will reportedly see women compete to go on dates with him, and he wants his own podcast to share his dos and don’ts of dating.

Watch part of the interview with The Tinder Swindler Simon Leviev here:

The Tinder Swindler is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.