‘I’m not a fraud’ says Simon Leviev in first interview since The Tinder Swindler on Netflix

His manager has said he has ‘evidence’ to prove his innocence

The Tinder Swindler, Simon Leviev, has spoken in an interview for the first time since the Netflix documentary film about him. In a clip from the chat, set to air in full next week, he claims he is innocent and “not a fake”. His new manager is now claiming he will tell his side of the story and prove his innocence.

Speaking for the first time since the Netflix documentary about him, Simon Leviev has said he’s not a fraud like the film says and he hasn’t done anything wrong. “I’m not a fraud and I’m not a fake,” he told Inside Edition. “People don’t know me – so they cannot judge me. I was just a single guy, who wanted to meet some girls on Tinder. I’m not a Tinder Swindler.”

He’s joined by his model girlfriend Kate Konlin, who is said to be “sticking by him” despite the claims made in the film. Kate, full name Katherine, Konlin is signed to Metropolitan Models and IMG Models. One of her portfolios shows her on the cover of Harper’s Bizaare Hong Kong and she has also been in Vogue.

After the film dropped, Simon Leviev secured himself a new Hollywood manager, Gina Rodriguez – the CEO of Gitoni Inc. She has now claimed he has “evidence” to prove his innocence and will be telling his side of the story very soon. She told LadBible: “He looks forward to clearing his name and sharing his side. I watched the Netflix documentary on 13th February and I was intrigued with the story but I had a lot of unanswered questions. I was curious as to what Simon’s side of the story was since it was not featured in the show.”

She said he is now “in talks” for several of the further projects it was announced Simon Leviev was looking to pursue. He is said to want to write a book, star on a dating show and host a dating podcast. The potential dating show will reportedly see women compete to go on dates with him, and he wants his own podcast to share his dos and don’ts of dating. Simon is said to want to clear his name after the “global smear campaign” from the documentary.

Simon Leviev is said to have stolen around $10million (£7.4million) from his victims, all over the world. The full first interview with The Tinder Swindler Simon Leviev will air on Inside Edition next week.

The Tinder Swindler is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.