This is everything Simon Leviev has been up to since The Tinder Swindler on Netflix

From having his Insta hacked, to joining Cameo and launching an entertainment career

It’s only been two weeks since the world was introduced to The Tinder Swindler and Simon Leviev, and let’s be real, nothing has been the same from then. The film tells the almost unbelievable story of the victims of Simon Leviev, who he told he was a billionaire heir before conning them out of their life savings. He was actually called Shimon Hayut, and had changed his name to Simon Leviev to make it look like he was part of the real billionaire family.

Despite the films stating Leviev stole around $10million (£7.4million) from his victims all over the world, he is currently living as a free man. And, he’s been keeping busy, that’s for sure. Since the Netflix documentary about him, he’s released statements, been on and off Instagram multiple times and is now launching a brand new career off the back of his new-found “fame”.

Here’s exactly what the Tinder Swindler, Simon Leviev, has been up to since the Netflix documentary film about him and where he is now – in an easy timeline.

It was quickly revealed that since The Tinder Swindler documentary, Simon Leviev has been dating Kate Konlin

What Simon Leviev has been up to since The Tinder Swindler on Netflix and where he is now

via Instagram @kate_konlin

At the end of The Tinder Swindler on Netflix, it is said Simon Leviev is now a free man and is dating an Israeli model. Nothing else is said about who she is, but The Tab revealed her name is Kate Konlin. Kate, full name Katherine, Konlin is signed to Metropolitan Models and IMG Models. One of her portfolios shows her on the cover of Harper’s Bizaare Hong Kong and she has also been in Vogue.

Simon’s Instagram was flooded with hate comments

Before most even had a chance to watch the film, people had swarmed to his Instagram to post comments. He briefly took his Instagram off private when the Netflix film was released, and people posted under his most recent posts “homeless king”, “pathetic little fraud” and said he will get his bad karma soon. More comments added that he is “a horrible human being” whilst some people were in the comments asking how they can do what he did too. Others added “shame on you”. Simon then limited his comments, and flicked his account between public and private.

After the film was released, Simon Leviev posted a statement on Instagram about it

Just days after The Tinder Swindler was released, Simon Leviev posted a statement on his Instagram about the film. In the post he thanked people for their support, and said he wants people to keep an “open mind” about him. He said: “Thank you for all your support. I will share my side of the story in the next few days when I have sorted out the best and most respectful way to tell it, both to the involved parties and myself. Until then, please keep an open mind and heart.”

via Instagram

His Instagram was then hacked, and he had to make another one

Right after he posted his statement, Simon Leviev’s Instagram mysteriously disappeared. Then a new one appeared, on which he said his original account had been hacked. He said the new profile was the only account which now belongs to and is run by him and he got straight to posting some archive pics of him on private jets and in fancy cars to fit his vibe.

But then the new Instagram account was taken down too

Alas! In no time of him posting that he had a new account, that one was taken down as well.

via Instagram

Loads of new social media profiles popped up claiming to be Simon Leviev

With the official account being as down as Peter was, people jumped on the chance to gain some followers, imitating The Tinder Swindler. Hundreds of Instagram accounts cropped up, and still exist now, claiming to be his. There was also a TikTok which claimed to be Simon Leviev. The feed is exactly what you would expect – it’s videos of Simon Leviev in the back of fancy cars, on private jets, on holiday, in hotel rooms and on yachts. He’s since said it isn’t actually him.

His bodyguard Peter said he was going to sue Netflix for how he was portrayed in The Tinder Swindler

In the documentary we see pictures of Peter, and he is introduced as the bodyguard to Simon Leviev. Since The Tinder Swindler documentary aired, Peter has reportedly said he wants to sue Netflix over being associated with Simon Leviev. He says it has affected his mental health, and he won’t be able to work as a legitimate bodyguard ever again.

“No one has the right to deprive a person of basic rights, such as the right to image and the right to the protection of personal data,” his lawyer said. “The movie doesn’t tell my client’s story, and it must be underlined – no charges have been ever brought against him regarding this case. He’s never been involved in Simon’s businesses. However, by many viewers he’s being associated with Simon Leviev’s behaviour.

“Netflix’s production neither have asked my client for permission to publish his image nor for his comment on the case. As a result of the unexpected movie publication and its immediate popularity, my client lost anonymity within just one day, the ability to work as a bodyguard, probably forever, as well as his reputation. Peter is in a bad mental state now. We both believe that even such a giant like Netflix cannot violate basic human rights.”

via Netflix

More victims of his spoke about their time with Simon Leviev

Then Netflix released a supporting podcast to the film, titled The Making Of A Swindler. On it, more victims of Simon Leviev’s shared their stories. He told another victim, referred to as Courtney in the podcast, that he was training to be a pilot and was the heir to an airline company. He told her he had plans to start businesses, and wanted her to come and work with him – so she quit her job.

Courtney is referred to as “patient zero” and thinks she may be the first person Simon Leviev ever swindled. One of her first jobs working for Simon was hiring him a car, but she says payments from Simon hadn’t gone through and they were arrested. At the time, Courtney was holding Simon’s wallet for him – which was full of fraudulent credit cards, so she looked just as guilty as him. Courtney and Simon spent the night in custody and in the morning were charged with international credit card fraud. Police thankfully realised Courtney was unaware of what had gone on, and she was acquitted.

The next time Courtney heard of Simon was 10 years later, when a friend sent her an article referring to Simon as “The Tinder Swindler”. “I was gobsmacked, I was flabbergasted,” Courtney said on the podcast. “I couldn’t believe for years he had been defrauding other women.”

via Instagram

Simon got his original Instagram back, and said the few days after The Tinder Swindler had been released had ‘not been easy’

Then, Simon suddenly reappeared on Instagram, with his original account back up and running. In an Instagram story post, he said had his account back, and any other profiles claiming to be his are fake. He posted a new photo too, one of him getting out a car, with the caption as: “The past few days was not easy for me. Thank you all for your love and support. I will keep fighting as I always did.”

He bagged himself a manager, and is planning an ‘entertainment career’ including his own dating show

On his returned Instagram account, he added an email address for a new manager. Through this manager, he is said to be trying to launch a new entertainment career in Hollywood. Sources said he wants to write a book, star on a dating show and host a dating podcast. The potential dating show will reportedly see women compete to go on dates with him, and he wants his own podcast to share his dos and don’ts of dating. Simon is said to want to clear his name after the “global smear campaign” from the documentary.

His Instagram got taken down AGAIN

Literally a day after Simon got his Instagram back, it was down again. Right now, it’s not clear why his account has been removed again and it is *currently* unavailable.

And now, Simon Leviev is on Cameo!

via Cameo

Yes, really. You can pay actual money to have The Tinder Swindler shout you out in a personalised video. Since the doc he really is cashing in on his “fame”, and is now charging people hundreds of pounds on the app. Right now, the price for a personal shoutout from Simon Leviev on Cameo is set at £148 ($200) and if you want a message for a business or for customers on a professional level it will cost you a whopping £1,000 ($1,400).

And before you ask, someone has already asked him in the reviews to shoutout his enemies.

The Tinder Swindler is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.