Drag Race UK Versus the World Jimbo

‘There’s worldwide devastation’: Jimbo on her Drag Race UK Versus the World elimination

‘I knew Pangina had my lipstick because she had her head up Juju’s ass’

In what is easily the biggest casualty out of an onslaught of casualties during RuPaul’s Drag Race UK Versus the World so far, Jimbo has been eliminated from the competition. Our Canadian clown, easily my personal pick for the win and a queen who has excelled so much so far as a frontrunner in the competition was told she must depart. Fans are in outrage – but how does Jimbo feel about it all? Was it fair? Is she okay? WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?

The Tab jumped on a Zoom with Jimbo to see how she’s coping with all the drama following her untimely elimination.

‘I screamed from the bottom of my soul so loud that I tried to explode Pangina’s head two studios over’

Hey Jimbo! So sad to speak to you so early but amazing to talk – how are you feeling after watching last night’s episode?

I’m feeling amazing, I’m on my cruise. I ordered some room service this morning, I ate a smattering of berries, a slice of cantaloupe and I’m just feeling so blessed. I watched people do yoga up on the deck and it looked really hard so I’m definitely not going to do that. But I’m just going to live my best life. Nothing can get me down.

Sounds unreal! How long did it take you to come to terms with Pangina’s decision?

Well, they didn’t show it, but I had a stage 20 million meltdown where I absolutely screamed from the bottom of my soul so loud that I tried to explode Pangina’s head two studios over. They said it was like Carrie – the part where she uses her mind to slam the doors and everyone catches on fire and there’s blood everywhere. It was like that. So, they couldn’t put it on The BBC. After all that happened, I sank into a really deep and dark depression where there were pits of self loathing, lots of self doubt, dark dark days. Days where I smashed every mirror in my house. I blacked out all the windows. Everyone was really concerned.

Then, I started acting like a dog. I lived my life as a dog, actually, for six months. And that was really transformative. I was a bad little dog, so I was taken for only one walk a day – much less than I need for a dog of my size. I need to at least run on the beach or be taken to a larger park, but I didn’t deserve it. So I ate dog food and lived on just a fantasy, basically. And after a lot of therapy, shock treatments, lots of drugs, a retreat, breathing exercises and several breast augmentations, I’m totally fine.

Well, that sounds like… something! Everyone is outpouring so much love for you online, what’s that been like?

People are devastated around the world. There’s worldwide devastation. People have decided to close their computers and shut them off. People are using their cellphones to type messages of love. People are outraged. I saw this video where someone threw something and I saw another where someone was crying. People are so sad, they were really rooting for me and now they’re just feeling a huge, huge loss. It’s really powerful and moving to feel the whole world rally around behind me. I want to urge all those people that are destroying their cellular devices and refusing to leave their house for days – please, just join society. It’s okay.

‘Pangina rang me just before and said oh, Jimbo, I’m so stupid’

Jimbo, have you spoken to Pangina since the Drag Race UK Versus the World elimination aired?

Sorry, who?

The queen that sent you home, Pangina!

OH! Oh, Pangina. We literally just talked before this call. She was totally awesome on the phone. She said, “Oh my god, Jimbo – I’m so stupid. I should never have done that I literally regret it, I love you so much. I had this lapse in judgement.” And I don’t blame her, she wanted to take out the competition and she did. It’s just a game, it’s not the end of the world. If I could, I would have picked Pangina’s lipstick. In fact, I’ve already written her name on all of my lipsticks. I’m pulling them all. I’ve been pulling her lipstick all morning, and nothing’s happening yet, but I’m hoping for the best.

Yes, we did speak to Jimbo whilst she was aboard a cruise

Did you think that Pangina would have your lipstick?

I definitely knew that Pangina had my lipstick because she head up Juju’s ass and loved her so much. I also knew the entire time that the entire time I was speaking Pangina didn’t give two shits about what I was saying – and she said that in her confessionals. “Jimbo’s going on and on right now” – actually, I’m pleading for my case in the middle of my dreams being shattered – so, maybe listen? But she decided not to listen. She decided that I was being a little bitch. She decided that she wanted to serve me a bit of comeuppance because she didn’t agree with me picking Jujubee’s lipstick that morning.

She wanted to teach me a lesson. She said if you want to play the game, then players get burnt bitch. And that’s what happened.

How was it being judged by RuPaul – she seemed to love you. Did you have any good memories on the show together?

My favourite memory of RuPaul was when I very first met her. She got stuck on the scissor lift and there was nowhere for her to run and hide to and she said to us “This is the only time I’m going to look at you” and then gave us all the finger. That was hilarious. To travel all that way and get the finger from your idol. She was so funny, we had so many fun interactions. The cool thing about Mama Ru is when she’s not filming she powers off and shuts down like a robot. She’s an amazing icon.

Jimbo there’s been a lot of conversation online with people saying that the Drag Race UK Versus the World judging panel seem to be favouring certain queens – did you feel like that was the case when you were there?

Absolutely.

Enough said!

‘Pangina’s makeup last night was really bad to me’

What were your best and worst runway looks of the season so far?

My favourite look was my winner baby look by Diego Montoya, the black and white garment. My least favourite look I’d say was Jujubee’s butch look which was just a plain black suit. I thought that was really boring. Not even sale rack material. I wouldn’t even stuff a pillowcase with it, I thought it was trash. Also, Pangina’s makeup in last night’s episode was really bad to me. She looked like someone took a sandwich and squirted ketchup and mustard and relish on it, then shoved it in their backpack and sat on it.

I loved the talent show clown so much – how did it feel seeing how well that went down with fans? Did you expect it?

I’ve done that character in the past and it was widely well received. It’s just so absurd and funny. It may not be for everybody, but I think everyone can see the absurdity and humour in it. I was surprised with how it resonated with people, I love the art and the cosplay of it all. The essence of clowning is about sharing the human experience and it’s about sharing that we’re more alike than we are different. For that act, I really wanted to use my clown to look at the concept of talent. What is talent? And, the fear that we may not be enough. That we may not be talented. I wanted to bring this concept that there may not be any talent, but that the talent lies within. And that talent might be old sandwich meat you’ve been sitting on for two hours.

Last week, Cheryl said the hotel with all the queens was such a good time. Do you have any camp memories to share?

There was this corner with shredded paper where we would defecate and scream and we would scratch our nails down the wall. Cheryl did this really cute thing where she drew pictures of RuPaul in her own faeces. It was really, really therapeutic. It was a barrel of laughs. They took away all the sharp objects and put up padding for us. They put on tranquil music, we painted with bodily fluids and we just cried. We took turns shaking and crying. I shaved off all my body hair – it was so magical.

Watch Jimbo on RuPaul’s Drag Race UK Versus the World is streaming now on BBC iPlayer. Keep up with new episodes of RuPaul’s Drag Race: UK Versus the World on BBC Three at 9pm on Tuesdays. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.

Featured image courtesy of BBC.

Recommended stories by this writer:

• 15 amazing queens we need to see on season two of Drag Race: UK Versus the World

• Choriza May and River Medway break silence on RuPaul’s worst decision in Drag Race history

• ‘By the time I left, I didn’t want to be there’: Charity Kase on her Drag Race UK journey