Molly-Mae says she works 9am-10pm for PrettyLittleThing and work ‘doesn’t stop’

She said becoming creative director was a ‘gradual move’ from once being a PLT customer

Last year, Molly-Mae Hague was announced as the creative director of fast fashion brand PrettyLittleThing. At first, everyone was a bit confused about what the ins and outs of her job role would be, but now she has shared an insight into her day-to-day, including working up to 13 hours a day.

In an interview with the Sun, Molly-Mae said she has worked her way into the role, starting as a customer for PrettyLittleThing and now becoming creative director. She said: “One day I’ll come in at 9am and won’t leave until 10pm – it doesn’t stop. I wasn’t surprised by the amount of hard work that goes into being creative director because I think I’d gradually taken the role on.

“I think people get it twisted and I think I’m in charge of the whole brand, and I’ve come in and I’m going to flip it upside down. But that’s just not the case. I give my creative input where I can and I give my ideas. I’ve been a consumer since the age of 14 so I know what I want to see from this brand. I’ve gone from being a PLT customer to an influencer to a brand ambassador and now the creative director. I’ve taken that gradual move. I know what the brand needs to give the customers and how we can improve it.”

Molly-Mae Hague reveals more about work as creative director for PrettyLittleThing

via Instagram @mollymae

She’s also reflected on her Love Island past, saying she’s not the person she used to be and wouldn’t wear the same clothes anymore, now that she’s attending red carpets. “Things I wear on the red carpet now are not things I would’ve worn when I first came out of Love Island,” she said. “There was one time when I took inspo from Hayley Bieber for a red carpet look. I thought it would be really cool but in hindsight I wouldn’t do that now. You’re not the same person you were three years ago.”

Molly-Mae, who has just launched her new PrettyLittleThing X Molly Mae Collection, announced she had been appointed as creative director in August last year. It has since been reported that the deal is worth seven figures a year overall, and Molly-Mae receives a six figure salary every single month.

For all the latest Love Island gossip and news, follow The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook