Inventing Anna cast

Here’s where you recognise the cast of Netflix’s Inventing Anna from

You may recognise a few from previous Shonda Rhimes series

Inventing Anna is a brand new Netflix show which tells the story of the woman who posed as a German heiress Anna Sorokin, better known as Anna Delvey who tricked the New York elite out of hundreds of thousands of dollars between 2013 and 2017. The series was created by Shonda Rhimes who is widely known for creating Grey’s Anatomy and recently Bridgerton. The limited series is filled with a cast of familiar faces, many of who have appeared in past Shondaland television shows. Here is where you may recognise the cast of Inventing Anna from:

Anna Delvey/Sorokin – Julia Garner

Julia Garner plays the notorious “Soho grifter Anna Delvey.

The New York native is most known for her role as Ruth Langmore in the Netflix series Ozark, for which she has won two Emmy Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.

Vivian Kent – Anna Chlumsky

Anna Chlumsky plays journalist Vivian Kent who works for Manhattan Magazine and is investigating Anna Delvey’s case for a story. Her character is based on the real-life journalist Jessica Pressler who worked for New York Magazine.

She is well known for her role as Amy Brookheimer in HBO’s Veep as well as playing the lead role in My Girl when she was 11.

Kacy Duke – Laverne Cox

Laverne Cox plays the role of celebrity personal trainer Kacy Duke, who soon becomes a close friend of Anna Delvey.

Cox rose to fame from her role as Sophia Burset in Orange Is the New Black. She became the first transgender person to be nominated for an Emmy Award in an acting category. She also starred in the 2016 remake of The Rocky Horror Picture Show as Dr. Frank-N-Furter.

Rachel Williams – Katie Lowes

In the show, Katie plays Rachel Williams who is a close friend of Anna until their friendship takes a turn on their trip to Morocco.

Katie Lowes has previously worked on a Shonda Rhimes series, she played Quinn Perkins in Scandal. Lowes has also voice-acted roles in Wreck-It Ralph and Zootopia.

Jack – Anders Holm

Anders plays the doting husband to Vivian Kent who is supporting his wife’s choices despite not always understanding.

He is best known for starring in The Mindy Project as Zack as well as his recurring role in Comedy Central’s Workaholics.

Neff Davis – Alexis Floyd

Neff Davis is a best friend we all wished we had. She worked as a concierge at a hotel in New York where she was befriended by Anna Delvey and is said to be one of the last people still friends with Anna since her incarceration.

Alexis Floyd is known for her role as Tia in The Bold Type.

Nora Radford – Kate Burton

Nora Radford is the glamorous philanthropist who was soon swindled by Anna Delvey.

She is played by Kate Burton who plays the notorious Ellis Grey in Grey’s Anatomy.

Todd Spodek – Arian Moayed

Todd Spodek is Delvey’s lawyer who throughout the show although not understanding her reasoning, tried his best to help Anna along the way.

Spodek is played by Arian Moayed who is well known for his role as Stewy Hosseini in Succession.

ADA Catherine McCaw – Rebecca Henderson

Henderson plays the role of Assistant District Attorney Catherine McCaw who is the prosecutor on the Delvey case.

Her other acting credits include Russian Doll and she currently stars in Freeform’s Single Drunk Female.

Maud, Lou and Barry – Anna Deavere Smith, Jeff Perry and Terry Kinney

Dubbing themselves in Scriberia, this trio always gave a helping hand to Vivian when trying to track down sources for her article.

Smith is an award-winning playwright as well as being known for her role as Dr Nancy McNally in The West Wing; Perry as Cyrus Beene from the Shondaland series Scandal and Kinney as Hall from Billions.

Val – James Cusati-Moyer

Val is introduced early on in the show as a fashion designer who quickly realises Anna is hiding something.

His previous acting roles include Prodigal Son and Unbreakable Kimmy Shmidt.

Chase Sikorski – Saamer Usmani

Named as the “Futurist” in Vivian’s article, Chase Sikorski is introduced as Anna’s boyfriend who is attempting to start up his business Wake.

Usmani is known for his work on Netflix’s What/If and guest-starred in HBO’s Succession.

Inventing Anna is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.