it's not funny it's serious TikTok sound

Ok so this is where the ‘it’s not funny is it it’s serious’ TikTok sound is actually from

I was so convinced it was from Horrible Histories

A TikTok sound that’s inescapable right now on my For You Page is one that guarantees to make me laugh every single time – even though, quite literally, it’s not funny at the end of the day it’s serious. Yes, I’ve just given it away, but I couldn’t resist. You know the one – a room filled with uproarious laughter then swiftly underpinned with a “No, no, but it’s not funny at the end of the day is it it’s serious x”. Everyone on TikTok is using the sound for all sorts and it’s comedy gold literally each and every time, but where is the “it’s not funny at the end of the day is it it’s serious” TikTok sound and audio actually from originally?

@benignlipoma♬ yonderlandddddd – nyla ❣️ spam like = block 😕😕

It’s from a sitcom called Yonderland

I would literally have put my life on the line to say that I was CONVINCED the audio was from Horrible Histories. I was wrong, but close. It’s actually from a show called Wonderland, a sitcom that aired on Sky between 2013 and 2016 made by the exact same troupe of writers and performers that were responsible for Horrible Histories being so good on CBBC.

Yonderland is a fantasy sitcom about an ordinary stay-at-home mum who one day gets told by an elf she’s the chosen one and has to come save the realm, so she dual wields her life as a mum with her new duties as the chosen one.

What’s TikTok doing with the ‘it’s not funny at the end of the day is it it’s serious’ sound?

All sorts of dark humour, but all very welcome. “When me and the gang are joking about unaliving ourselves” is a classic caption, as is a terminally ill cancer patient captioning their video with “When you’re joking about cancer but someone you don’t like joins in”. It’s a classic example of TikTok’s, and our generation as a whole’s, knack of being able to use internet humour to laugh at . Here are some of the funniest:

@darceyjonesx #fy #fyp #foryou #xyzbca #trend #funny #viral #friend #girls #horriblehistories #thesixidiots #matthewbaynton #british #bbcghosts #mentalhealth #uk ♬ yonderlandddddd – nyla ❣️ spam like = block 😕😕

@itsmritneymitch #fyp ♬ yonderlandddddd – nyla ❣️ spam like = block 😕😕

@shellrowe #cancer #hospital #nhs #chemo #darkhumour ♬ yonderlandddddd – nyla ❣️ spam like = block 😕😕