university-ducks

These university students snuck two ducks into their halls and it was pure chaos

They rescued the ducks from a house party and looked after them for the night

So by now, you’ve probably seen the video of the Bournemouth University students who snuck two ducks into their halls of residence. And like me, you’re probably left with so many questions.

The video, watched over 190k times, shows some students shepherding ducks into the bathroom of their flat as they shit everywhere and generally cause chaos.

@reemstaburgess13 No ducks were harmed, they were sent to a lovely local farm the next day #fyp #makeitpop #treading #bournemouthuni #ducks ♬ original sound – Sunshine

We sat down with Sonnie, mostly just to find out, why? And it turns out there’s actually a pretty wholesome story behind it all.

It was less of a kidnapping and more of a rescue mission

Sonnie and his flatmates actually rescued the ducks from a party in another flat. “Someone else in the building had them in their flat as a joke, so I confiscated them because I didn’t think it was right,” Sonnie told The Tab. “I felt like Robin Hood saving them from a flat motive where they were bugging out.”

Sonnie took the ducks under his wing and looked after for the evening. This is when the chaos ensued. He brought them food, showered them and at one point gave them a little peck.

He said that while the evening was fun, there was one key issue. “They shit more than they quack. It was just pure shit everywhere. All over the carpet. It was a joke,” Sonnie told The Tab.

On the issue of having pets in student accommodation, Sonnie said his halls had a strict policy against cats and dogs but “didn’t say anything about ducks.”

The flatmates found a new home for the ducks

The rescue mission was complete

So, Sonnie woke at the quack of dawn and rung round loads of farms in Bournemouth to see if they could take on the ducks. Finally he found one, so he delivered them the next day.

Reflecting on his experience, Sonnie said: “The whole night was jokes.”

Featured image background: Unsplash (edited)