reality tv show losers

These are officially the 10 richest reality TV losers in the UK

Winners at heart though x

Losing a reality TV show is a funny thing – often it’s the iconic runners-up who go on to have the most fruitful careers. Seriously, how many times have you heard the name Joe McElderry since he won The X Factor in 2009? Compare that with Olly Murs, the guy who came second and ended up becoming a household name overnight (before ruining it all with *that* Pringles prank).

The public love a personality. It’s that simple. Yes, Rylan and Stacey Solomon never went on to sell millions of records, but their sparkling stints in presenting, book writing and just generally being loved speak for themselves. Then you’ve got the One Directions and JLS’ of the world – who genuinely went on to become international popstars.

Being a reality TV “loser” is certainly no mean feat. But now, a reality rich list compiled by a casino brand has revealed exactly who the reality runners-up with the biggest net worths are:

1. One Direction – £260 million combined

reality tv

Photo via YouTube

Just a little-known band who faded into obscurity, right?

One Direction placed second after Matt Cardle (lol, who?) at the end of The X Factor series seven. Despite being runners up, the five heartthrobs went on to have an extremely successful career as a band, releasing five albums and winning nearly 200 awards – including seven Brit Awards, four MTV Video Music Awards and six Billboard Music Awards.

2. Susan Boyle – £30 million

susan boyle

Photo via YouTube

Never underestimate our Suze – the Britain’s Got Talent powerhouse is sitting on a pile of £30 million, and her first audition has reached almost 700 million views on YouTube. Despite keeping out of the limelight since appearing on BGT back in 2009, she’s one of the most successful reality TV stars in Britain – period.

Susan now boasts 25 million albums sold globally, over 120 platinum & gold albums in 38 countries, two Grammy nominations and three Guinness World Records.

3. JLS – £24 million

JLS

Photo via YouTube

JLS found fame on the 2008 series of The X Factor, where they came runner-up to winner, Alexandra Burke (remember? The woman who brought “elephant in the room” to the UK).

Still, interest in them remained long after the show ended as they embarked on an impressive career as a boyband – obtaining five number-one singles including their debut, Beat Again.

What’s your favourite JLS song? Mine is JB saying “Merry Christmas” on repeat for 10 hours.

4. Olly Murs – £12 million

olly murs

Photo via YouTube

Olly Murs has gone on to become one of the most successful X Factor contestants of all time since his time on the show – after hosting The Xtra Factor and even briefly co-hosting The X Factor, alongside Caroline Flack in 2012.

Since his X Factor days, Olly has had an extremely successful music career, with six studio albums, 18 singles and 21 music videos. He has now gone full circle as a judge on The Voice UK.

Sure, we put him in Twitter jail for posting things like, “I love you with all my bum,” but that’s okay. We forgive him.

5. Bimini Bon Boulash – £5.1 million

bimini

Photo via BBC

Bimini has gone on to become one of the most recognisable faces from the world of RuPaul’s Drag Race UK. Despite being a runner up in series two, Bimini left Drag Race to become a highly successful author and model with an Insta following of over 900,000. Boasting a net worth of £5 million and having secured a stunning contract with Next Models, big things have happened to this star.

6. Alex and Olivia Bowen – £4.5 million

alex and olivia reality tv losers

Photo via ITV2

Olivia and Alex found love on series 2 of Love Island. Not only are they married, but they’re currently expecting a little Love Island baby together.

Since leaving the villa, Olivia has released clothing ranges with the likes of Miss Pap and In The Style, as well as dabbled in a bit of TV presenting on ITV’s This Morning. Alex Bowen has founded clothing brand Exempt Society, as well as his online workout platform, ABX Performance.

7. Rylan Clark-Neal – £4 million

rylan reality show

Photo via ITV

Rylan’s shaky start to 2012’s series of The X Factor didn’t stop him finishing in fifth place behind James Arthur. After his iconic reaction to getting through to judges houses, viewers knew this wouldn’t be the last of Rylan on our screens.

He went on to win Celebrity Big Brother a year later, as well as reaching new heights with his presenting career. You’ll probably know him instantly from his hosting gigs in shows like This Morning and the new Supermarket Sweep.

8. Stacey Solomon – £3.7 million

stacey solomon

Photo via Instagram

Stacey was once typecast as a giggly Essex girl with a beautiful singing voice. Since coming third on The X Factor, she’s gone on to co-present Loose Women, create a following of millions on Instagram, write a book and raise a family with ex-Eastenders staple Joe Swash. Stacey now boasts an impressive net worth of £3,755,875.

9. Molly Mae and Tommy Fury – at least £2 million

reality tv losers

Photo via YouTube

Mini-Mags Thatcher might be famous for all the wrong reasons at the moment, but it’s undeniable how much success she’s enjoyed since Love Island series five.

Despite coming in second place, the loved-up couple has had great success since leaving the villa. Shortly after the show ended, Molly was offered a collaboration with PrettyLittleThing worth £500,000, and is now creative director for the brand. She’s since launched her own fake tan label, Filter by Molly-Mae, alongside partnering with big brands such as Starbucks and Beauty Works.

Tommy has also progressed in his professional boxing career, as well as securing several brand collaborations. Reports also show that a joint appearance from Molly-Mae and Tommy Fury can earn them up to £10,000 per event.

10. Alison Hammond – £1 million

allison hammond

Photo via ITV

Future Prime Minister Alison Hammond first graced our screens on the 2002 series of Big Brother. After providing us with chaotic scenes such as jumping on a bench and breaking it, she was (unjustly) the second housemate to be evicted. Since then, her appearances on This Morning and interviewing skills have earnt her “national treasure” status – as well as a net worth of £1 million.