The 15 wildest and most chaotic moments in The Woman in the House Across the Street

Did she say her daughter was EATEN by a serial killer?!

Right from the outset, The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window is filled with some of the wildest moments of any Netflix show to date. And with Netflix series, that really is saying something.

Not a single moment of this series was normal – it was chaos from start to finish. The minute we were introduced to Anna sipping wine from the seat by her window first thing in the morning we all knew we were in for a ride. The show follows Anna, who is coming to terms with the death of her daughter, when she witnesses what she believes is her neighbour’s girlfriend being murdered in the house over the road. And as wild as that sounds, that’s probably one of the most tame parts.

Here is a rundown of the wildest moments in Netflix show The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window. There really is much, much to think about here.

1. Why has Anna smashed so many casseroles and honestly, buy some oven gloves

The wildest moments in The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window on Netflix

via Netflix

I have never in my life seen a woman as obsessed with chicken casserole as Anna is. Any occasion? Take a casserole. She even took one to drop off at her daughter’s grave for god’s sake. Plus, does she just have endless supplies of these white and blue dishes? She smashes them like she does. And I beg you Anna, buy a damn pair of oven gloves – your poor hands!!!

2. Ok you took your CHILD on ‘take your daughter to work day’ to spend the day with serial killers

In what world would any parent think it is a good idea to send their child to work with them when their day involves sitting down with serial killers? Are these people on drugs? I’m calling social services!!!

via Netflix

3. Oh great, and she was eaten

DID WE JUST FIND OUT THAT THE NINE YEAR OLD WAS EATEN BY A SERIAL KILLER?! I have no words for this. Why would you leave your daughter alone in the room with a cannibal serial killer? I am haunted by this! As far as The Woman in the House Across the Street moments go, this probably takes the award for the wildest.

4. This wine glass, that’s all

via Netflix

I have never seen a wine glass this large and I’d just like to ask Anna where she got it from. For a friend.

5. Not the ‘ur next’ message on the car

via Netflix

Does this actually happen? And with hindsight of the ending, this truly is unhinged. A child did this!!!

6. The first recreation of Meredith’s death was WILD

I have many thoughts about the recreation where we saw Neil kill his wife Meredith. Was it completely necessary for him to just push her in like that? He was SCARY. And she drowned and floated up to the water surface in like two seconds? It was all very dramatic.

via Netflix

WHAT ON EARTH.

7. Oh and of course Meredith’s sister’s address was going to be that easy to find

Hats off to Anna, her sleuthing skills are second to none. But, I just cannot fathom finding someone’s address as being that easy? So it just happens to be printed on the front of her magazine subscription, which she posted to Instagram, bright as day? Very convenient.

via Netflix

8. DID A WOMAN JUST GET CHUCKED OFF A LIGHTHOUSE?

I can’t get over watching the teacher plunge to her death on a school trip. This show is so violent?!

via Netflix

Ummmm???

9. Is the daughter… Renesmee from Twilight?

Am I also losing it a little bit or is the picture of Anna’s daughter stuck on the fridge actually Bella and Edward’s child in Twilight? Guys, we’re truly being trolled.

10. WHY IS ANNA HAVING SEX WITH THE INTRUDER?!

Call me boring, but I can imagine the last thing on my mind if I was shoved into my house by an intruder would be to shag him. Just personally. But no, Anna gets into a full on shagging marathon with this guy all over the house. The classical music was a gorgeous touch too, Netflix.

via Netflix

11. I’m sorry, but this is just a waste of wine

Anna, honey. I am all here for you making great life decisions and improving yourself by drinking less wine. Buuuut, there were at least 10 bottles there, and I can only imagine the way she sips at that stuff all day, it’s not cheap and gross. She could have donated it to someone who would have drank it sensibly? Idk, me? Or gifted it to someone? Idk, me? There’s a good home out there meaning it wouldn’t have had to go to waste. Idk, mine?

via Netflix

12. I cannot believe Buell’s backstory what the HELL

There was already so much going on in this plot that made my head feel like it was going to explode, but then for no apparent reason Netflix chucked in an entire wild backstory for Buell the mailbox man. So let me get this straight, Anna’s ex-husband met Buell at work because Buell too is a serial killer, and he murdered his entire family. Now, he’s been hired to fix their mailbox, with Anna blissfully unaware that he’s a killer, and he’s been doing so for TEN YEARS? And when Anna’s husband left he started living in Anna’s loft? And she never noticed? WHY, Netflix, WHY?!

13. NOT EMMA THIS WHOLE TIME

via Netflix

Emotionally, I simply cannot take this. I thought Emma was cute. I really did. With her little biscuits, cute pink outfits and cuddly toys. I have been played for a fool. She’s out here swinging a knife around like a teddy bear in her hands, and she’s only gone and killed her own father. She then explains she killed her own mother out of jealousy towards her unborn sibling, savagely took out the teacher and killed Lisa simply because she told her biscuits were sweet! Lord above! I am in shock!

14. How is Anna not dead? But side note, a casserole to the head is honestly a little bit iconic

I really am here questioning how Anna hasn’t been killed by Emma. She has been stabbed and shot, she fell through a window, was beaten over the head AND smashed through the coffee table? Yet here she is, living to fight another day and not even knocked out. I only have a tiny slither of respect for Emma, and this scene, because the final thing to take Anna out was a casserole to the head. How it should always have been.

via Netflix

15. Wait, is this Cruella Deville on the plane? Confusion?

Just to cap off the wildest moments, there’s a whole lot more to unpack in the ending of The Woman in the House Across the Street. We see that Anna and Douglas are back together and have another baby, and Anna is off for a girls’ weekend. On the plane Anna is sat next to Cruella Deville? Who is then dead in the plane’s toilet cubicle? But she wasn’t even there? But she was?

via Netflix

Why was this all added in? At this point, are we hallucinating or is Anna?

The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.