francesca the apprentice

The Apprentice’s Francesca drags Lord Sugar after shock twist

‘He’s obviously not looking for a serious business partner’

The Apprentice’s golden girl Francesca Kennedy-Wallbank has fumed to the press after being fired at the end of last night’s (3rd February) episode.

After such a stellar record of constant wins, viewers were shocked to see her leave after *one* mistake. The teams – Diverse and Infinity – were tasked to create a video game which would rival competitors like Fortnite, Call Of Duty and Halo. Diverse, headed by Brittany Carter, decided to build and market a climate change-themed game called “Arctic Saviour.”

Except thanks to Francesca (the sub-PM in charge of branding), the massive logo read “Artic Saviour.” Investors couldn’t take the title seriously, so Francesca found herself on the receiving end of Lord Alan’s lecture. This led to the first shock firing of the entire series.

artic saviour

Photo via BBC

Speaking to several reporters, Francesca (who was once tipped to win) said: “I was shocked. I’m someone that believes in fate and maybe the partnership with Lord Sugar just wasn’t meant to be.”

The businesswoman couldn’t let things lie, throwing not-so-subtle shade at Lord Sugar for getting rid. “He fired me because of a spelling error but he himself, in his own autobiography, refers to his own spelling as atrocious. I think we probably have more in common than he realises.

“The concept of sustainability wasn’t right for a game, the game play was very boring and the spelling mistake let the branding down… two of the three things that failed the task had nothing to do with me.”

the apprentice francesca

Photo via BBC

She went on to say: “To be honest, I’m not sure what Lord Sugar is looking for. He’s obviously not looking for someone with serious business acumen. Otherwise, I would’ve won.” According to Metro, even queen Karren Brady was baffled by Francesca’s firing.