Meet the cast of new Netflix comedy thriller The Woman in the House Across the Street

The main guy is married to Janis from Mean Girls!

The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window has been released on Netflix and is a satire thriller series with the same (sort of) premise as the film The Woman in the Window, but with a completely different cast.

The dark comedy series follows Anna, who believes she has seen a murder happen across the street from her. And as wild as that seems, that’s about the most tame part of the general plot. Here is the cast of The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window. That’s the last time I will write out the entire title, I promise.

Anna Whitaker – Kristen Bell

The cast of The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window on Netflix

via Netflix

The lead role of Anna is played by Kristen Bell. Anna’s marriage has broken down and she is mourning the death of her young daughter, when she believes she watches her neighbour’s girlfriend being murdered through the window across the street. You might recognise Kristen Bell from her roles in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, The Good Place and Bad Moms. She was also the narrator of Gossip Girl and Anna in Frozen.

Anna Whitaker - Kristen Bell

via Instagram @kristenanniebell

41-year-old Kristen has been married to American actor, comedian, writer, director and podcast host Dax Shepard since 2013 and they have two daughters together, Lincoln and Delta. Kristen has 15.1million Instagram followers.

Neil Coleman – Tom Riley

via Netflix

Tom Riley plays Anna’s neighbour, Neil Coleman, who she believes she shares a connection with. Neil is a widower, and it’s his girlfriend who Anna believes she sees being murdered. Tom is a 40-year-old English actor known for his roles in Da Vinci’s Demons and The Nevers. He’s been married to Lizzy Caplan since 2017, who is Janis Ian in Mean Girls!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrvTlxMBoW1/

Lisa Maines – Shelley Hennig

via Netflix

Lisa is Neil’s girlfriend in The Woman in the House Across the Street, who Anna sees being killed. She is played by Shelley Hennig, a 35-year-old American actress and model. In the series, Lisa is a stewardess and is effortlessly gorgeous, much to Anna’s dislike, so Shelley is perfectly cast as she won Miss Teen USA in 2004. You might recognise her as one of the friends in the creepy video call in the movie Unfriended, or from her other roles in Teen Wolf or When We First Met.

Lisa Maines - Shelley Hennig

via Instagram @shellyhenning

Shelley was born in Louisiana, before later moving to New York and working in LA. She has 3.3million Instagram followers.

Emma Coleman – Samsara Yett

via Netflix

Emma is the young daughter of Neil and his wife who passed away. Anna takes an instant shine to Emma, finding out she goes to her late daughter’s school. Emma is nine in the show, and Samsara is also nine in real life. This isn’t the first time Samsara has appeared on Netflix, she was also in the film Don’t Look Up. She made her debut in 2020 in The Flight Attendant, as Maya-Bowden Green.

Emma Coleman - Samsara Yett

via Instagram @samsaraleelayett

Samsara has also done some child modelling work.

Sloane – Mary Holland

via Netflix

Sloane, who is Anna’s friend in the show, is played by Mary Holland. In the show, Sloane owns a local art gallery and is helping her friend come to terms with her recent grief. Mary Holland is 36 and was born in Virginia. She is an actress and comedian, known for roles in Happiest Season, Golden Arms, Veep, Shrink, Robbie, Animals and Blunt Talk.

Douglas Whitaker – Michael Ealy

via Netflix

Douglas is played by Michael Ealy. Douglas is Anna’s ex-husband, who works as a forensic psychologist and FBI profiler. Michael is 48-years-old and best known for Almost Human, 2 Fast 2 Furious, About Last Night and Barbershop. He has been married to actress Khatira Rafiqzada since 2012 and has two children.

Douglas Whitaker - Michael Ealy

via Instagram @lifeandbread

Buell – Cameron Britton

via Netflix

Cameron Britton plays Buell, the local handyman who seems to spend forever fixing a mailbox. Cameron Britton is best known for his role as Ed Kemper in the Netflix crime drama series Mindhunter. The 35-year-old actor also plays Hazel in The Umbrella Academy.

Buell - Cameron Britton

via Instagram @cameronbrittonh

Detective Lane – Christina Anthony

via Netflix

Christina Anthony joins the cast of The Woman in the House Across the Street as Detective Lane. She arrives on the scene after Anna reports the murder and tells her it’s illegal to file a false report. She isn’t having it, basically. Christina Anthony is an actress, writer, vocalist and improviser. She was born in Chicago and often has comedy roles, including co-writing three award-nominated sketch revues and performing countless shows for Chicago audiences. She recently had a role in the ABC series, Mixed-ish.

Detective Lane - Christina Anthony

via Instagram @teenyanthony

Carol – Brenda Koo

Carol - Brenda Koo

via Netflix

Brenda Koo plays Carol, Anna’s neighbour who constantly reminds her she has a drinking problem. Brenda is 38 in real life, and has starred in The Bling Ring, White Bird in a Blizzard and The Crazy Ones.

The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.