julia-fox-kanye-west-kardashians

Meet Julia Fox: Milan-born actress and Kanye West’s new love interest

She’s a self-proclaimed ‘die-hard’ fan of the Kardashians

Kanye West has once again hit the headlines over the weekend, this time for his whirlwind romance with 31-year-old actress Julia Fox. The pair met on New Year’s Eve in Miami, and have since been on lavish dates in New York City, where Kanye even directed a photo shoot of Julia in her favourite restaurant, Carbone. She then published the photos and wrote about their romance in Interview Magazine, saying: “It was every girl’s dream come true. It felt like a real Cinderella moment”.

But who actually is Julia Fox, and how serious is her relationship with Kanye?

Julia is an actress who starred in Uncut Gems

Julia Fox was born in Milan but moved to America when she was six years old. She has had many different professions over the years, firstly designing and launching her own women’s knitwear line, and then becoming a model and actress. In 2015, she featured in the last nude edition of Playboy, and made her feature film debut in the 2019 crime film Uncut Gems starring Adam Sandler.

Julia is also the mother of a one-year-old son, who she had with ex-husband Peter Artemiev.

She is said to have a net worth of $30m and has 840k followers on Instagram.

She’s a self-proclaimed fan of the Kardashians

Kanye West famously split from ex-wife Kim Kardashian at the start of 2021, with Kim filing for divorce in February last year. But as it turns out, Julia Fox is a massive Kardashians fan.

Alongside being an actress, model, and filmmaker, Julia has her own podcast called Forbidden Fruits. In an episode published on December 17th, two weeks before she met Kanye, Julia and co-host Niki Takesh spoke about Kim and Kanye’s divorce, as well as Kim’s relationship with Pete Davidson.

Julia also said on the podcast how she was “gonna miss ‘Keeping Up'”, and that she’d “been watching ‘Keeping Up’ since it first came out in 2007 when watching it was embarrassing”.

She then went on to call herself a “die-hard, OG” fan, and that she “wanted them to be my family”.

julia-fox-kardashians-kanye-west

via @kimkardashian on Instagram

Julia did a saucy Barbie and Ken themed photo shoot with Pete Davidson

Julia Fox also has links to Kim Kardashian’s rumoured boyfriend Pete Davidson, as the pair were both part of a 2019 Barbie and Ken themed photo shoot.

Julia and Pete posed as the plastic couple for a cover shoot in Paper Magazine, with the photos being completely whacky. One depicts Julia in a bathtub covered in bubbles, while Pete perches on the side of the tub in pink jeans and loafers. Another photo shows Julia posing with her foot on Pete’s crotch, as he sits in a garden chair with a shocked look on his face.

Her and Kanye had an ‘instant connection’

Despite only meeting ten days ago, Julia and Kanye have gone very public with their romance. Not only did Julia release the photos from their photo shoot, but Kanye even posted a video of Julia walking on his Instagram story.

Julia Fox on Kanye West’s Instagram story

The photos published in Interview Magazine show the couple looking very cosy and intimate, with one depicting them snuggled on a sofa, and another showing them sharing a kiss against the wall. The most intimate shows Kanye lying on the floor, with Julia on top, straddling him.

Writing in Interview Magazine on January 6th, Julia said: “I met Ye in Miami on New Year’s Eve and it was an instant connection. His energy is so fun to be around. He had me and my friends laughing, dancing, and smiling all night.

“Everything with us has been so organic. I don’t know where things are headed but if this is any indication of the future I’m loving the ride”.

However, fans have had mixed reactions to their relationship and the photo shoot, with one tweeting: “Fave thing about the Julia Fox piece is the length”.

Another tweet said: “Everything I’ve learned about Ye and Julia Fox so far has been against my will and it’s only been seven days”, with someone responding “Ain’t that the truth. Instant connection my ass”.

Other fans were more positive, with one tweeting: “I love Julia Fox being like ‘this is a fairy-tale’ bc Kanye took Instagram pics for her at dinner, like I get that”. Another fan tweeted in support of the couple, saying: “I didn’t know who Julia Fox was last week but I love her”.