Drag Race winners 2021

Here’s a round up of every iconic queen who won a Drag Race crown in 2021

NINE WINNERS IN ONE YEAR?

In 2021, more queens took home a crown as the winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race than ever before. It was the year that the franchise truly went global, as seasons aired consistently with no breaks and made watching Drag Race feel less like the yearly olympics of drag and more like a weekly dependable soap. No complaints from me though; the more drag, THE BETTER! Here’s a round up of all nine queens who became winners of RuPaul’s Drag Race in 2021.

Lawrence Chaney – Drag Race UK season two

Drag Race winners 2021

Following in the footsteps of The Vivienne back in 2019, Lawrence Chaney became the first ever Scottish winner of Drag Race and the first winner of 2o21 back in March. Lawrence was an early fave to win, with RuPaul clearly loving her humour and drag from the very start. She beat out big competition from Bimini and Tayce, and has so far with her win released a book and toured her one woman show.

Symone – Season 13

Drag Race winners 2021

After a lip-sync showdown against runner up Kandy Muse, Symone became the 13th queen to win the mainline series of RuPaul’s Drag Race – and there’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that she absolutely deserved it. Symone slayed the runway so hard in every episode of the seemingly endless season 13, serving nothing but Black excellence and fashion forward creative ideas.

Kita Mean – Drag Race Down Under season one

Drag Race winners 2021

Deary me, Drag Race Down Under was dreadful, wasn’t it? Two of the finalists had serious racist scandals surrounding them and one of them came back into the competition after being eliminated for no reason whatsoever. Thankfully, it was Kita Mean who took the win for Down Under season one – a deserving winner in a car crash season.

Carmen Farala – Drag Race España season one

Sevilla queen Carmen Farala absolutely gagged audiences on the first season of Drag Race España, and became one of the most talked about winners of 2021 thanks to her gorgeous beauty, looks and personality. She won a plethora of challenges and never once landed in the bottom two – a great first winner to the Spanish edition of the franchise.

Kylie Sonique Love – All Stars 6

Kylie Sonique Love made groundbreaking history with her All Stars 5 win – becoming the first openly transgender winner of a RuPaul-fronted season, and becoming the second trans winner in history after Thailand’s Angele Anang. Kylie first competed on season two, before her transition, and was an early out. She came back 11 years and won a crown – an absolute icon and a Drag Race legend.

Vanessa Van Cartier – Drag Race Holland season two

The sixth of the 2021 RuPaul’s Drag Race winners was Holland’s Vanessa Van Cartier, who is actually the drag mother of Envy Peru – the winner of Drag Race Holland season one. Vanessa absolutely slayed the runway with her jawdropping looks, and made history as the third trans winner of the show after Angele Anang and Kylie Sonique Love.

Krystal Versace – Drag Race UK season three

Krystal Versace beat some absolutely solid competition from her more seasoned competitors, Kitty Scott-Claus and Ella Vaday, to emerge triumphant as the youngest EVER winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race. Globally. A huge achievement for an extremely talented and dedicated 19-year-old. She was Ru’s favourite from day one, but proved week after week that there was good reason for that.

Icesis Couture – Canada’s Drag Race season two

The second season of Canada’s Drag Race was excellent, one of the best seasons of the franchise to ever air, and season one winner Priyanka handed over her crown and sceptre to Icesis Couture. Icesis absolutely annihilated the season with her excellent design skills, funny reads and seasoned prowess. Hugely deserved winning queen.

Elecktra Bionic – Drag Race Italia season one

The final of the 2021 RuPaul’s Drag Race winners is the first ever winner of Drag Race Italia: Elecktra Bionic. The 27-year-old took the crown for the first time for the country and looked STUNNING doing so.

For all the latest Drag Race memes and Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.

Recommended stories by this writer:

‘It’s a really hard job’: Brooke Lynn Hytes on hosting Canada’s Drag Race season two

• Choriza May and River Medway break silence on RuPaul’s worst decision in Drag Race history

• ‘By the time I left, I didn’t want to be there’: Charity Kase on her Drag Race UK journey