cheer season two

Here’s everything we know about Cheer season two

It’s coming back sooner than you think!!!

Who doesn’t love an *actual trash* Netflix docu-drama? From Dance Moms to Selling Sunset, there’s literally nothing better than binge-watching people getting into scraps for our entertainment. We’ll have enough drama to keep us going right through until 2022, as Netflix’s Cheer – a documentary about a group of college cheerleaders, is finally coming back for a second season.

We last visited the Texas cheer squad back in 2020, and the cast have experienced a rocky couple of years since then. The possibility of a second series was even called into question in October last year after the arrest of the show’s star Jerry Harris.

But when will we actually be able to stream it? Here’s everything we know about Cheer season two:

Season two is being released in a matter of days

The second instalment of Cheer drops on 12th January.

We’ll have loads more episodes to enjoy

Season two contains nine episodes, which is three more than last series. They’re really treating us this time around.

cheer season two

Photo via Netflix

Familiar faces from season one will be returning, as well as a rival cheer squad

Series one stars Gabi Butler, La’Darius Marshall, Lexi Brumback, Morgan Simianer and Coach Monica Aldamer will be returning to our screens.

gabi butler cheer

Photo via Netflix

Season two newcomers include rival squad Trinity Valley Community College, coach Vontae Johnson and assistant coach Khris Franklin.

coach vontae johnson

Photo via Netflix

The entire season is set against a backdrop of Jerry Harris’ criminal charges

Season one breakout star Harris was arrested in September 2020 following a police warranted search of his house. He has been accused of “soliciting pornographic videos and images of minors”, as well as “soliciting sex from a 13-year-old victim” at competitions. If found guilty, he could face up to 15 years in prison. Harris has plead not guilty to the charges. His spokesperson said: “we categorically dispute the claims made against Jerry Harris, which are alleged to have occurred when he was a teenager. We are confident that when the investigation is completed the true facts will be revealed.”

Cheer season two resumed filming in the same month, so it’s likely the events will be heavily featured throughout the nine episodes.

cheer season two

Photo via Netflix

The trailer dropped today

You can watch it below:

Featured image via Netflix. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.